Founded in Santa Cruz, California in 1985, Giro Sport Design relentlessly develops new ideas to enhance the Ride. From the first lightweight, high-performance helmets for cycling and snowsports, to apparel that reimagines what sportswear can be, Giro maintains a strong focus on creating products to enhance the feeling of freedom and independence at the core of a rider’s experience. As a leader in the design, fit and engineering of products that complement the body, Giro is the first choice of riders worldwide. Giro remains committed to serving enthusiasts with innovative performance products, driven by the knowledge that riding is the greatest part of a great life. As long as riders keep striving for better, Giro will keep making the gear that gets them there. www.giro.com
The Brand Manager is responsible for all aspects of marketing communications, advertising, and public relations with a focused effort on growing brand awareness and strengthening brand image in our global market. This position establishes brand marketing communication priorities and manages the execution of annual brand marketing plan. You will develop advertising strategies and campaigns that achieve worldwide brand marketing objectives. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing, other Brand Managers and Product Managers to ensure a consistent brand message and appearance across all categories.
• Responsible for producing global strategic marketing plans that drive brand awareness and sales while adhering to provided budget.
• Must be able to present to internal and external partners throughout the year to ensure team support and provide accountability.
• Responsible for providing international distributors with necessary assets to assist their advertising and PR objectives and maintain a consistent, strong, brand image in all markets worldwide.
• Responsible for managing budgets monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Manage the development and production of all printed and electronic collateral materials to achieve worldwide brand and product marketing objectives.
• Promote Brand sponsored teams and riders across all marketing collateral and media channels.
• Manage product and action photo shoots for catalogs and marketing materials.
• Manages, with Product Manager, all aspects of dealer POS programs including displays, product packaging, posters and product information graphics.
• Responsible for ensuring snow category content is relevant and timely within all digital channels: website, social media, etc.
• Responsible for working with digital team to produce regular content updates, annual product updates and creative of all snow databases.
• Manage consumer activations and dealer programs.
• Responsible for the creation of all sales and marketing collateral including order forms, price lists, marketing program information and dealer mailings.
• Remains informed about snow industry news, trends, and competitor product advancements.
• Coordinates all correspondence with dealers, customer service and sales reps.
• Assist with tradeshow activities and promotions.
• Manage public relations efforts, including ensuring product sampling and seeding programs are timely and product is ordered and available for PR team.
• Assist retailers with product and brand communication content.
• Assist with naming of new products.
• Assist with product line planning and new product vision.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
• Five or more years in marketing experience – snow industry experience preferred
• Must be digitally savvy, with an understanding of paid search, keywords and content marketing
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to coordinate and manage internal and external resources while maintaining a team atmosphere
• Very detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
• Passion for and good knowledge of snow industry and trends
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A creative approach grounded in practicality
• Willingness to travel
Skills and Abilities:
• Copywriting experience is necessary
• Multimedia imaging, video editing, presentation graphics and production skills a plus
• Knowledge of action sports helpful with previous experience in the snow sport industry helpful
• Strong social media skills
• We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled