Poncho is a direct-to-consumer outdoor apparel brand based in Austin, TX. Poncho launched in the summer of 2018 with a newly-designed, better-fitting fishing shirt that’s made for the outdoors. We’ve grown dramatically since. Our aim is to build functional clothing that has everything you need, and none of the stuff you don’t. Poncho is also building a community of people who love the outdoors. We’re sharing stories from the field, and most importantly, inspiring a new generation of outdoor enthusiasts to protect the wild places we love. The company is backed by venture investors and was founded by Clayton Spencer (UT BA, BBA ’03, Stanford MBA ’11).
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced marketing and branding professional with a passion for the outdoors. We are looking for a strong cultural fit with our small team.
About the Position:
This position is all about sharing the Poncho brand with new customers and deepening our relationship with our existing ones. A compelling brand is the key ingredient for success in consumer apparel, and we want this position to focus solely on creating and executing the most compelling brand voice possible. We will expect you to drive the growth of Poncho’s brand voice in the marketplace and connect with our growing customer base through original content. You will help us become the Yeti of outdoor apparel. Here are some tasks you will be expected to do:
Refine our brand voice and ensure it is reflected across the ads, content, and emails we create
Manage our marketing budget across channels to efficiently drive growth
Implement our account-level advertising strategy (e.g., Facebook / Instagram) to ensure the right messages and
products are being shown to the right audience
Manage the production of ~3 emails per week to foster our relationship with our existing customers
Plan photo shoots and content creation for all of our marketing efforts
Grow our business through multiple channels including google, direct mail, TV and podcasts.
• A minimum 3+ years of experience managing ad campaigns through direct advertising channels (Facebook/Instagram experience required; Google and Mailchimp a plus)
• Familiarity with brand advertising channels, including TV, print, and direct mail
• Passionate about storytelling (particularly about the Austin / Texas community and eager to find the unique stories out there that are worth sharing)
• Relentless attention to detail in all aspects of the job
• Experienced with a camera (both photography and videography) preferred
• Expert photo and video editing skills is preferred (Photoshop, FCP/Premiere Lightroom)
• Demonstrated passion for the outdoors - ideally with hunting and fishing experience
• Ability to work in person at our Austin, TX location