Thor MX, an industry leader in motocross performance apparel and protective equipment is seeking an experienced Technical Product Developer to join our in-house Product Development team. The Technical Product Developer will focus on driving product from initial design through commercialization. Developer will manage all aspects of developing final products including; vendor communication, tech pack oversight and review, reviewing samples for accuracy, revisions, costing, tracking development, and final sampling. Utilizing a strong interest in product performance and functionality, the Technical Product Developer works with the Design Team, Vendor, and Development Manager to finalize a product that meets both the internal brand requirements as well as the demands of our core demographic.
In addition, the Technical Product Developer must work closely with our Conformance Office to navigate and work through the process of reaching compliance with CE standards for many of our technical products. To accomplish this goal, the Technical Product Developer must understand product development process and production methodology; be detail oriented; extremely organized, posses strong verbal and written communication skills, and be a self starter with ability to work in a team atmosphere..
• Work directly with developers, designers, vendors, and managers to achieve on-time, on-target projects.
• Must be extremely organized, and process driven.
• Keep abreast of all competitor brands, and latest materials and production processes.
• Oversee the department’s hard-goods communication to ensure projects are being completed in a timely manner.
• QC initial product shipments and do “spot checks” of production to ensure compliance to company specifications.
• Develop and refine informational systems used by the department to increase productivity and quality.
• Organize information flow and maintain project status (text and visuals), files and meeting notes.
• Work with Print Department on preparation of materials required for production of company catalogs.
• Search out new materials and process which may improve or differentiate our product from our competitors.
• Develop a working knowledge of all manufacturing process and keep staff appraised of any new developments.
• Develop and maintain a materials and sample library, which will aid designers in development of new products.
• 4 year college education; and/or 4+ years experience in product development.
• Must be a highly organized individual (file records, material / samples.)
• Demonstrated experience using computer applications including Adobe Creative Suite / MS Office / Outlook.
• Able to complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• General knowledge of Motocross industry preferred.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.