Product Category Manager
- Confidential Company
- United States
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
The Product Category Manager is responsible for the overall strategy, competitive analysis, and look of a product line. This includes coordinating design development of selected products from concept art to final samples, ensuring that there are clear and consistent standards in direction, design, and quality of the product. Work with suppliers on specifications, manufacturing and testing.
• Lead the development and launch of a line of products from concept ideation, through product development and then successfully to retail and online customers.
• Comprehensive ownership of product line including concept and product definition, technology and line development, market research, product/consumer testing, COGS and margin analysis, and product specifications/QA.
• External communication with vendors and manufacturers.
• A thorough understanding of competition through competitive shopping and research of market trends.
• Creates and exhibits a sense of ownership for the product line.
• Up to 20% domestic and international travel
• Previous experience in development and commercialization of a product line.
• 5+ yrs of Product Management experience with consumer hard goods preferably with an action sports category understanding.
• Detail oriented, organized, team player with great communication skills.
• Ability to run meetings and presentations effectively.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Microsoft Word & Excel computer skills.
• A can and will do whatever necessary attitude.
• Adobe Illustrator experience a plus.