Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Bravo Sports
- United States
- Santa Fe Springs
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Bravo Sports, a mid-market private equity backed company headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California, is a leading provider of branded action sports products. With locations in the United States, Italy and China, the company has established leading market positions across a broad array of attractive, niche product categories in the outdoor recreational and sporting goods industries, including skateboards, skates, scooters, and related products and accessories. We provide the highest quality and most innovative products to enthusiasts worldwide with diverse, stable, market-leading brands, industry leading licenses, and outstanding partners.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor
Bravo Sports is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor for their Corporate Office in Santa Fe Springs, CA. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager. The position includes the following duties (including other duties not listed below).
• Supervises two Accounts Payable (AP) Specialists who are responsible for processing full-cycle accounts payable via Great Plains (from invoice coding, 3-way match, and data entry to weekly check/wire runs).
• Responsible for reviewing, posting, and reconciling accounts payable on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for creating new and maintaining existing vendor database within Great Plains.
• Monitors the AP Specialist’s day-to-day workload to ensure tasks are being completed timely.
• Responsible for downloading and preparing monthly American Express, weekly employee expense reports, and daily Federal Express payment packages. Ensures purchases/shipments are properly approved and accurately coded.
• Prepares weekly check/wire payment selection based upon aged AP Aging.
• Reviews/approves 3-way match for all inventory purchases.
• Participates in the recording of general ledger activities and the monthly financial closes including journal entry, account reconciliation and analysis.
• Coaches the AP Specialist and identifies development needs.
• Assists in preparing the AP Specialist’s annual review.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance a plus
• 3-5 years of accounting and finance experience
• Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
• Capable of handling multiple projects and priorities
• Must be a team player, attentive to detail and big picture oriented
• Must be a self-starter, customer focused, and results oriented
• Must have good analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be adaptable and willing to take on additional challenges.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.