NHS Apparel CNS Technical Designer & Womens CNS Product Developer
NHS, Inc., a privately held company based in Santa Cruz, CA, was established over 40 years ago, and is considered one of the most respected and recognized SKATE, SURF, SNOW and APPAREL companies in the world today. Our brand names include Santa Cruz Skate, Snow and Surfboards, Independent Truck Company, Creature Skateboards, Krux Trucks, Bullet products, Ricta Wheels, Mob Grip, Skateboarding is Not a Crime, Bronson Speed Co. and Nor Cal Apparel.
This position is a key member of the NHS Apparel Development staff, reporting to the Apparel Department Manager, working closely and cooperatively with Apparel Design team.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
TECHNICAL DESIGNER: CNS MENS AND WOMENS
• Responsible for taking sketches and concepts from Designers and adding fit and construction details to design style guides.
• Determine appropriate fit with Designers and grade rules to accurately apply to garments.
• Accurately measure development samples against spec in preparation of fittings.
• Evaluate all prototypes/patterns for size, grading, fit and construction with Designer and/or Merchandiser to ensure that they align with product specifications and brand standards
• Manage fit sessions with Designer and Product Developer to assure proper size, function and aesthetic and technical execution of design
• Review, revise and record specifications for changes made during the development process including fit, styling and/or construction detail into technical packages for vendors
• Establish and maintain brand fit, spec and construction consistency.
PRODUCT DEVELOPER: WOMENS CNS-BAGS-HATS-ACCESSORIES (Inline and SMU)
• Responsible for finalizing style guides; including BOM items and technical drawings for Womens CNS products, ensuring they are easy to understand and accurate for factories
• On time hand off of all stages of design and development
• Source and develop trims, fabrics and embellishments for all Womens CNS garments- CNS Clothing, Backpacks, headwear, accessories
• Responsible for bringing Womens apparel designs through the development stage to production ready products meeting or exceeding design, fit, and quality requirements
• Approval of lab dips, print and embroidery strike off’s for Womens CNS apparel based on Designers direction
• Review samples for accuracy of execution, fit, and function with Designer and /or Merchandiser. Make tech pack updates, pattern adjustments, etc. to resolve any design/quality issues that arise during development
• Keep style guide details up to date based on any changes along development cycle
• Overseas vendor communication
• Daily communication for style specific development
• Seasonal communication for main timelines, costing/negotiations, follow thru to hit all calendar dates
• Costing negotiations seasonally by vendor while working with Merchandiser to hit target FOB/LDP pricing
• Ensure line list is up to date for all attributes/vendor details to maintain clean and accurate information in systems
• Create SMU CNS BOM’s by style based off negotiated cost for sku set up
• Develop and maintain high standard working relationships with local and offshore suppliers
• Review QC issues with department manager and factories to evaluate and clarify issues
• Track development process and manage all products to adhere to strict time & action calendar deadlines, target costing, quality, inventory levels, and production execution.
• Maintaining neat and accurate filing of products both physical and online.