Associate POS Analyst
- Pacific Sunwear
- United States
- 1 year(s)
- Not Available
The Assoc POS analyst is a technical subject matter expert (SME) who supports the business areas with technology needs in this highly configurable environment, provides education, and provides daily operational production/support. They are a liaison with business users on process changes and analyze the implications of the changes on systems applications. They will maintain user documentation on an ongoing basis. The Assoc POS analyst is also a critical member of the project team for IT projects by providing technical requirements for the functional design document in a clear, concise manner, written or verbally, and be able to convey this information to the PM's in order for the PM to execute the project. This position will also prepare functional design document (FDD), including identifying functional and technical requirements, specifications, screen and application flows and recommendations based on the business requirements (BRD) provided by the business analyst.
Application Support Responsibilities
Xstore, Xcenter, Xstore Shipping and Receiving, Xmobile, Xcenter, Xadmin:
• Analyzes and help determines root cause of an issue occurring in the listed applications.
• Partners with Store Apps Manager and/or Vendor If issues are detected to obtain fix.
• Ensures data outbound from StoreHub is loaded into applications successfully.
• Makes configuration changes, ensuring the software is built, packaged and ready for installation. Unit and system tests changes, and coordinates any other testing required.
• Brings awareness to issues and prioritizes workload with their Store Applications Manager.
Vertex Tax for Stores:
• Understands the data integration between Vertex Tax and the stores, and various store/state taxing scenarios.
• As a Store Apps team member, this role will help validate Vertex updates as needed by the Infrastructure team.
• Works with Store Apps Manager, or vendor, on new or changing tax that needs to be supported.
IP Sales Audit :Import, Reformat, Release, Process Transactions, Process Carton Acks, Transmit Credit Data
Sales Person Productivity:
• Understands the entire flow of programs and data for the applications listed herein.
• Most of the support in this area is during off business hours and is handled by the Sr. Systems Analyst or Sr. Programmer Analyst. However, if changes or fixes are made, the Assoc POS Analyst may be required to provide QA testing.
• Understands the entire flow of programs and data for the StoreHub application.
Global Bay MD App, Retail App, IVU Lotto, Payment- RCS, eSocket.pos, and UBL:
• Analyzes and helps determine root cause of an issue occurring in these applications.
• Works with appropriate parties to make or receive the fix, unit test, and coordinates any other testing required.
• Represents the change(s) to the Change Control Board.
• Makes configuration changes on any of the payment systems –RCS, eSocket.pos, and UBL. Works with the appropriate Infrastructure team member, but should be advising on what those changes need to be for the desired business functionality.
If participating on a project as a technical subject matter expert:
• Communicates status of project to Project Manager, Technical Owner, or Technical Lead who is managing the work.
• Analyzes current systems and their gaps.
• Works with developers to ensure the technical design meets the requirements/functional design; and delivers the Detailed Technical Specification (DTS).
• Under the guidance of the technical lead, develops technical solutions to meet the functional design; ensuring standards are met, the solution is optimized and is scalable to grow with the business.
• Performs unit, system, and volume testing before handing over for UAT testing.
• Deploys changes.
If participating on a project as a business subject matter expert:
• Communicates status to the Project Manager.
• Writes or co-writes the Functional Design Document and obtains signoff.
• Writes the QA test scripts, supporting the Business Analyst or Project Manager in coordinating User Acceptance Testing, and obtain signoff
• Develops expertise in the new solution in the area for which they are a subject matter expert
• Provides guidance on the change management within the functional area they represent
• Supports the project through sustainment and hyper care, then maintains 3rd level Support (3T)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Retail Merchandising, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field is preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience working in information technology doing application analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, or support
• 1-3 years’ working in retail and an in-depth knowledge of the retail business processes is preferred
• Strong business analysis experience; comfortable working in a matrix environment
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, including understanding and analysis of data
• Proficient with one or more current technologies.
• Role models leadership behaviors for partners and peers
• The following skills are important to the success of the Assoc POS Analyst:
o Listening skills - the ability to understand what people say.
o Analytical skills- the ability to critically evaluate the information from multiple sources and breakdown high-level information into details.
o Observational skills - the ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
o Writing skills - the ability to communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff.
o Organizational skills - the ability to work with the vast array of information gathered during analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
o Interpersonal skills - the ability to help set priorities.
o Modeling skills - the ability to represent technical requirement and design information
• Ability to actively participate and conduct meetings with business partners and peers.
• Must be available to work as needed to honor project commitments, meet deadlines, and support assigned business areas (nights and weekends)
• Ability to be flexible to the rapidly changing needs of the department and company.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
We work hard & play hard at our gym/basketball/sand volleyball court/skate park! We indulge in froyo, massages, & our employee discount. Pac has a casual environment and we even bring dogs to work!