Associate Product Manager
- Pacific Sunwear
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
The management of the pre-production and production stage of product development in an assigned product category in order to provide a consistent quality of product, superior margins through negotiation and alternative sourcing opportunities.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
List the major duties and responsibilities of this position, in order of importance. Be brief but include all important duties.
• In conjunction with Product Manager, Manage the pre-production style changes, and approval calendar through team sign-off for each placed order.
• Manage the pre-production approval process from turnover of tech packs to insure delivery dates are maintained, via internal and external calendars.
• Initiate proactive external communication with vendors to insure the pre-production process is on schedule to ensure the timely shipment of orders.
• Maintain communication with Designers and Buyers to accommodate last minute changes in response to fashion trends.
• Present and maintain visibility of timeline for placement “calendar” by product category.
• Manage the final approval process for warehouse flow and payment release.
• Manage the on time quality delivery of merchandise.
• Maintain Style/purchase/Order files, including accountability for PO revisions.
• Monitor status of orders/shipping to insure Delivery Exception report reflects correct dates and comments.
• Achieve Company goals for seasonal inventory levels.
• Achieve IMU targets with quality, floor ready merchandise.
• In conjunction with Product Manager, sources product, negotiates production prices and place orders to insure IMU’s are exceeded.
• Duplicate standardized tech packages for distribution to secondary vendors for competitive costing and dual sourcing.
• Initiate proactive internal communication for changes impacting other areas of responsibility e.g. pre-ticketing, payments or ship dates.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• 4 year related Degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Assistant or Associate Product Manager in a corporate retail apparel environment
• Proficient MS Office skills
• AS400, Tradestone, WebPDM a plus
• Domestic and international sourcing experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a team member
• Keen sense of urgency
• Understanding of Domestic and International Sourcing
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and changes.
We work hard & play hard at our gym/basketball/sand volleyball court/skate park! We indulge in froyo, massages, & our employee discount. Pac has a casual environment and we even bring dogs to work!