Assistant Designer- Women's Tops
- Pacific Sunwear
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
PacSun fam is growing! Be our new Assistant Designer - Womens Tops
• Assists the designer in creating styles from concept to completion in whatever capacity is necessary.
• Can design, recreate, manipulate and recolor prints using Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Streamline.
• Generates computer sketches and drapes final drawings with correct pattern, colors, graphics and trims.
• Manages communications between design function and non-design team members.
• Must help execute the concepts of the designer with critical attention to detail and a sense of urgency to meet all department deadlines.
• Generates spec packages in PDM for the factories to develop initial prototypes (including, but not limited to, establishing measurement points on a garment).
• Maintains PDM and other archival systems.
• Monitors development of preproduction samples with partnership with Product Managers.
• Responsible to conduct market research and become familiar with issues and effects that influence our industry's shifts in business.
• Produces a complete spec package for every garment designed, in a timely manner and to standard.
• The Assistant attends fittings to comment and convey the intended fit of each garment either with or without Designer.
• Prepares for meetings, organizes programs and communicates style info to merchants and product development.
• Works with Product Managers to monitor lab dip, hand loom, and strike-off approval.
Those individuals who have been most successful in this role begin with our organization with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Minimum 2yr AA Degree preferred in Design/Fashion Merchandising, or equivalent experience.
• Adobe illustrator, Micrografx and Photoshop skills.
• PDM training preferred.
• Timely sense of trends and market direction encompassing color, fabric and silhouette.
• Working knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles and current finishing techniques and processes.
• 0-3 years design experience, which includes fabric sourcing, technical design, trim development and color training w/practical experience.
• Computer PC, MAC and CAD experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
We work hard & play hard at our gym/basketball/sand volleyball court/skate park! We indulge in froyo, massages, & our employee discount. Pac has a casual environment and we even bring dogs to work!