Associate Technical Designer
- United States
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
The Associate Technical Designer is responsible for coordinating the technical components for all product categories from sketch handoff, running fit approval to final pre-production approval, and development of tech packs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and assist in developing Tech Packs with detailed specifications and technical drawings from Designer’s initial sketch, paper pattern or garment
- Handles development lifecycle from sketch; tech pack creation, fit approvals from proto to final TOP approval for multiple product lines
- Creates sketches and specs for Tech Packs, including front and back sketch, construction details and illustrations
- Conduct fit sessions with Design and Product Development assuring models and samples are ready prior to fit session to maximize styles fit.
- Communicate all spec, fit and garment construction comments and corrections to overseas factories daily within the development and production timelines
- Create and maintain grade rules for each category/style
- Monitor & track WIP orders ensuring styles are approved on schedule and adhere to development and production calendars
- Create and maintain fit block library
- 3+ years woven/knit Men’s apparel experience a must
- Must have a strong understanding of patterns, garment construction, specs &
- Highly organized
- Must be able to multi-task, having strong sense of urgency, excellent time management skills & able to work while under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter with good communication skills, possess a high work ethic & can work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Strong Illustrator or Photoshop, and Excel skills