Coming off the historic debut of Surfing in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, the International Surfing Association (ISA) is currently looking for an experienced professional to join our team. We are looking to hire a Marketing and Media Manager who will play a key role in developing, leading and executing high-level strategies for the organization.
Currently only candidates with the ability to live and work in the United States are being considered. An in-office work schedule in our San Diego County office will be required, with frequency to vary according to the state and county health and safety regulations.
The International Surfing Association, based in La Jolla, California, is the world governing authority of Surfing and all its disciplines as recognized by the International Olympic Committee.
The ISA was the driving force behind Surfing’s inclusion in the Olympic Games and the entity responsible for the technical delivery of the Olympic surfing competitions. Our mission is to make a better world through surfing and to promote, develop and lead Surfing in all its forms worldwide while connecting the global surf community and driving accessibility and universal participation.
Further details of our work can be found on our website: isasurf.org.
Responsibilities [depending on experience]:
• Work with the ISA President and Executive Director to lead on all marketing and communications initiatives
• Create and implement the ISA’s overall communications/marketing strategy
• Provide leadership to improve the ISA’s global marketing and media results
• Develop and promote the ISA’s narrative, key messages and stories about the unique culture of the ISA and its events, athletes, coaches, scholarship holders and leaders
• Provide leadership and manage members of the ISA media team, event media staff and external consultants
• Develop effective and efficient cross-platform digital marketing and communication campaigns
• Lead the organization and execution of an annual marketing plan and a three-year marketing strategy
• Build, manage and maintain yearly marketing and media budgets
• Lead the development of the ISA’s social media strategy, and oversee the execution of plans and tactics around the globe. Define the brand's social approach to drive engagement; find the strategy, tone, voice and stories that are unique to the ISA
• Management of social media accounts; incorporate our social media efforts/strategies throughout the organization
• Implement a global analytics program to evaluate digital channels
• Write effective communications on a myriad of topics, including ISA Events, Olympic Surfing, Scholarships, and more
• Write effective Press Releases (and other content) that further enhance the ISA brand
• Develop a strong event media team that is capable of delivering high quality results
• Travel to all ISA events and manage the full media team (4-6 events per year)
• Coordinate and direct all media to maximize the integration, value and global reach of all the events
• Manage and develop effective mailing lists
• Manage and maintain the ISA Website
• Manage all media related activities at all ISA World Championships
• Select, hire, and manage the official media crew, in agreement with the Executive Director
• Manage the RFP process for selecting the webcast production company with the support of the Event Operations Manager and supervision of the Executive Director
• Work with the web developer on the strategy and upkeep of event webpage
• Work directly with Webcast production team on direction, guidelines, overall quality, and audience experience.
• Manage post-event highlight programs together with the webcast producer and ISA broadcast consultants and partners
• Create an effective and measurable paid media strategy to promote events
• Establish relationships with media partners and layout a media plan with each outlet
• Deliver a comprehensive post-event media and marketing ROI report
• Coordinate with Local Media Manager to maximize local media coverage
Full-time Employment in a permanent position.
To be discussed with candidates: competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Currently remote working with occasional national/international travel. Flexible working arrangements in San Diego County to be explored following the end of domestic COVID-19 restrictions.
Hours of work:
8.00am – 5.00pm Monday-Thursday; 8.00 – 2.00pm Friday; – though as is normal with communications and media work (especially in sport), occasional out of hours work will be necessary in evenings, weekends and during events.