Technical Product Developer
- EVS Sports
- United States
- Rancho Dominguez, Los Angeles / South Bay
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
EVS Sports / LIFT Safety is seeking a Technical Product Developer.
Are you a skilled product developer with solid communication skills and matching energy & attitude? – if so, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Product Developer is to provide technical guidance to our factories in order to produce sound product in a timely manner.
Expertise spans project leadership and management including problem solving, constant communication with the factories, prototyping design concepts, cost and quality engineering, and components development.
The ideal candidate must be an ambitious creative thinker that is able to flourish in a fast paced collaborative environment, while working on a wide range of overlapping projects. This team player must have working knowledge of the sports industry as well as experience with technical athletic gear (helmets, knee braces and body armor). This position requires hard goods product development experience.
• Manages projects both in the office and at the factory level. (Travel to Asia is required.)
• Decision-making / Constant communication with the factory / Timeline focused / Detail oriented.
• Manage product line list including product margins, target cost and all product details.
• Administers and leads prototype review meetings with agenda, prepared revision comments, quality assurance comments and cost options.
• Leads and/or executes accurate determination and documentation of product dimensions, capacities, weight and fit specifications.
• Collaborates with design to create and execute assigned products or projects including decisions and execution related to features, styling and materials selection.
• Manages development and sourcing for assigned project materials. Coordinates sub or actual prototyping components for assigned projects.
• Provides input into materials summary and generates production specs for delivery to vendors.
• Communicates sample expectations and requirements to factory and upward to internal customers.
• Responsible for implementation of changes to prototypes and final samples.
• Leads product lab and field testing and makes decisions and recommendations to execute improvements to meet standards.
• Responsible for developing new manufacturing processes, including hands-on execution and written validated specifications.
If you’ve got the background qualifications we’re looking for and the attitude to succeed within a team, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio/link via the Malakye Application link below.
• Able to recognize and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment and diplomacy.
• Ability to research, organize and analyze product and market related information.
• Computer literate in a Mac environment: Excel, Word and Email.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and some basic Photoshop desired.
• Willingness to be flexible and able to take on additional responsibility.
• Technical drawing proficiency and experience required.
• Strong cross-cultural writing and verbal skills.
• Must be self motivated with ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision.
• Strong visualization and project management skills.
• Time management, multi-tasking skills and able to meet project deadlines.
• Cost analysis skills required.
Experience and Education:
• 5-7 years experience as a Technical Product Developer of original sports and/or hard parts and personal wear products.
• Knowledge of basic mechanical and general engineering.
• Knowledge of manufacturing construction techniques, including injection molding, biofoam, and preferably some experience with carbon fiber and other composites.
• Advanced textiles and materials knowledge.
• Associate or higher degree in related field required. Four year degree preferred.