Assistant Store Manager
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will lead, develop and motivate a team of brand advocates, ensuring a consistent best-in-class customer experience that aligns with our brand purpose and values. You will partner with the Store Manager to maximize profitability by ensuring that customer engagement, merchandising, operations, and community connection are all consistent and in compliance with company standards.
The North Face, a VF Company
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, loving and protecting wild places, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
We believe that exploration is a mindset – both on the mountain and off the mountain – and it infuses everything we do. As a community of explorers, we stay curious about new ideas, places and people.
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
How You Will Make a Difference
• Coach and develop staff to exceed individual and store productivity goals.
• Promote excellence in customer service by modeling brand specific service standards, monitoring and responding to customer feedback, and ensuring the team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience.
• Supervise floor coverage and activities, including opening and closing the store as scheduled.
• In partnership with the Store Manager, provide training and ongoing development of store staff in customer engagement and all company programs, policies and procedures.
• Foster an environment of development and accountability.
• Support the Store Manager in achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, Loss Prevention, store audits, and weekly reports.
• Assist Store Manager in the selection and hiring of qualified candidates.
• Partner with the Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintain standards consistent with company brand strategies, ensure merchandise on the selling floor is replenished appropriately.
• Partner with the Store Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to loss prevention and safety policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives.
• Model behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand.
• Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
What You Bring
• 3 or more years of store leadership experience in a fast-paced, highly engaging retail environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Effective communication skills, including both written and verbal
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales results
• Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
• Excellent decision-making ability in a fast-paced environment
• Detail orientated and excellent organization skills
• Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
• Proven ability in leading the delivery of a high level of customer service in a retail environment
• Experience leading and developing a team of 20 or more associates
• Experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales
• Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.