Product Manager (Dick's Sporting Goods)
- The North Face
- United States
- Alameda, CA, San Francisco Bay Area
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
The Product Manager is responsible for overseeing assigned subcategory’s planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. They're charged with ownership of assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, and cross functional leadership. The Product Manager owns relevant information on consumer and competitors and assists the Product Director in identifying trends, business strategy plans and analysis. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Oversees assigned subcategory product lines and leads assigned lines in product concept, design, and development process. Owns business and assists in enhancing category growth.
- Writes executable seasonal product briefs targeting opportunity and competitive set.
- Understands manufacturing processes and capabilities and is able to build briefs with material and feature set commensurate to required target MSRP’s.
- Presents product information to key internal and external groups in a comprehensive, clear and tactical manner. Comes armed with research, data points and preparedness on category lines.
- Works with Marketing Brand Manager to help coordinate and develop category initiative for selling and marketing tools.
- Actively participates in product development cycle including identifying potential issues, solutions for process challenges and to execute sample/prototype production.
- Builds and maintains intradepartmental relationships with all functional areas
- Attends key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentation, relationship building and trend/market research.
- Manages, distributes and maintains all information of assigned product category encompassing hang tags, workbooks, line lists, and CAD books.
- Examines, reports and tracks success and failure of the company's products on the marketplace, and determines reasons for success or failure.
- Bachelor's Degree in apparel, operations, business or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrable successes in managing an apparel line, outdoor preferred.
- Detail oriented but able to present the big picture.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Influential in building positive partnerships with cross functional teams.
- Strong change management, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of apparel, materials/fabrics.
- Forward thinking and strategic .
- Strong retail math skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in efficient manner.
- Experience in merchandising/buying a plus.
- Travel required: 10%
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!