Technology Representative Contractor
- Giant Bicycles
- United States
- Newbury Park, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Min Salary: $15.00 - Max Salary: Not Available per Hour
Giant Bicycles is seeking a Technology Representative Contractor in Newbury Park, CA.
The Technology Representative Contractor provides defined support services, including bicycle demo event assistance, to the Sports Marketing Manager and Events Manager for company events.
This individual will also work with the Giant Retail Academy Manager to provide specialized assistance to the Giant Retail Academy, including pre-event set-up, presentation of session topics, and post-event reconciliation. The TRC will maintain a fleet of demo bikes and co-lead attendees on rides during Giant Retail Academy sessions.
Additionally, this person must maintain a high level of knowledge of the Giant and Liv brands, products and technologies.
Scope of Work:
Support Sports Marketing Manager and Events Manager for company events:
• Assemble and maintain demo bikes that are outside Giant Retail Academy
• Assemble display and photo sample bikes
• Maintain warehouse space to high standards of organization and cleanliness
• Provide logistical support for team and retailer events
o These events may include bike races, sales meetings, store openings, photo shoots, etc.
Giant Retail Academy:
• Assemble and maintain the Giant Retail Academy bicycle fleet
• Lead attendees during off-road and on-road ride events at Giant Retail Academy
• Educate event attendees on Giant, Liv-Cycling, and Momentum bicycle products, technologies and brands as needed
• Instruct and assist retailers with proper bike set-up during session events
• Provide set-up, tear-down and logistics coordination services for launch events
• Work with Field Technology Representatives as needed at demo events
• Maintain high level of knowledge of the Giant and Liv brands, products and technologies
Vehicle Maintenance and Transportation:
• Drive truck and trailer to events safely and in a timely manner
• Perform all necessary security precautions with demo rig and products
• Perform daily maintenances and safety checks on truck and trailer
• Wash truck and trailer prior to event set-up
• Keep up to date inventory of all items carried in trailer
• Maintain a clean and organized demo space both on the road and in the Giant office
Conform to federal CDL laws including maintaining a log book and observing work/rest requirements.
• 3+ years’ experience in bicycle industry including bicycle mechanic experience
• A clean driving record with no history of DUI
• Experience driving large vehicles and trailers
• Comfortable with travel and time away from home
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization and prioritization skills; proven ability to work cross-functionally to accomplish objectives
• Able to lift 100lbs
• Must complete a Background check
This position works out of our Newbury Park office and we prefer a candidate to live within Ventura county / 45 minutes driving range if possible. Relocation package is NOT available.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.