The Giant Retail Academy Manager oversees the implementation of all aspects of learning programs throughout the Giant retail organization; from design to facilitation, and various development initiatives. Responsible for ensuring consistency with training objectives, maintaining appropriate records and evaluating training effectiveness across the division. Establishes Giant retail operational standards and procedures. Assists with other brand development objectives as needed. Partners with Retail Services Executive to ensure that all key retail partners attend training sessions as part of Giant Retail Partnership program.
• Create and develop training strategy on a yearly/3-year basis according to sales and retail initiatives and goals.
• Define the Training Calendar by key initiatives, target and format and oversee the training budget by planning yearly activity and measuring results.
• Implement training guidelines in terms of Training Tools, Training Organization, eLearning and communicate priorities and plans to Retail, Sales and Product teams.
• Communicate training strategy to the Retail and Sales team and work closely to define training distribution for each (classroom, in-store or online).
• Implement a tracking system/tool to measure goals of total trainings on a monthly basis (number of trainees, duration, training expenses).
• Adapt all the training tools for market relevance and cascade appropriate training materials through train-the-trainer modules to Account Executives and Retail Vision team.
• Ensure the highest level of service to customers and develop custom training programs for key retailers across each GRP and GAR accounts.
• Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including product training, retail sales and customer service training teams.
• Work closely with Visual Space & Training Manager and Retail Services Executive position to implement, support and complete all program requirements and accountability from retail partners.
• Responsible for regularly reviewing, evaluating, modifying and recommending appropriate changes to new and existing training programs. Assesses program effectiveness by evaluating and measuring results and return on investment. Modifies programs as needed and provides management with reporting.
• Responsible for new and current retail partner product and brand programs, increasing speed to brand connectivity and performance productivity.
• Manages vendor relationships and contract negotiations related to learning & development.
• Drive attendance through outreach and promotion of program.
• 5+ years of related professional experience
• Experience is preferably in retail or other service-oriented organization, or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; and/or a minimum of 5 years of work experience, with at least 2 years in training, development or related Human Resources experience.
• Clear and effective oral communication skills including public speaking and comfortable moderating large groups.
• Demonstrated effective written communication skills, specifically in creating training programs and corporate communications.
• Ability to function independently (in a multi-task and fast-paced environment) as well as part of a team.
• Ability to foster strong cross-functional partnerships
• Extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow through skills.
• Possess a balance between analytical and creative thinking skills.
• Experience in designing and building e-learning modules for various audiences.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience working in the retail/fashion industry.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of cycling industry a plus.
• Travel, approximately 25%-50%
Please note: no remote work option. You must work out of headquarters in Newbury Park, California (Thousand Oaks Area / Ventura County)
Giant Retail Academy Manager
Newbury Park California
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||$60000.00 - $65000.00 per Year|