Giant Bikes is expanding and looking to add a Gear Planning & Supply Administrator in Newbury Park, Calif.
**Please note this position is based at our headquarters in Newbury Park, Calif and remote work is not an option**
Job Summary: Responsible to generate, monitor and maintain all Gear forecasts. Administer placement, follow-up and delivery of all Gear purchase orders. Manage gear supply to plan as set by Sr. POS Manager. Assist Sr. POS Manager with select reporting duties.
• Work with domestic and international vendors to place and follow up on delivery of gear purchase orders based on supporting forecasts
• Monitoring for stock-outs & oversold situations
• Work with factory for critical expediting
• Coordinate inventory transfer between warehouse to balance inventory
• Color, size, and warehouse mix quarterly monitoring and update (as necessary)
• Reporting functions include review and analysis of forecast achievement, performance to KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and other metrics. Special projects as needed.
• Participate in inventory review process and coordinate to move obsolete or over stocked inventory
• Ensure timely and accurate upkeep of purchase order information including changes in the production and delivery time, quantity, etc.
• Work with Item Master / Import Coordinator to keep proprietary Gear information updated (season codes, pricing, Item Group, etc.) in computer system
• Work with Sr. POS Manager, Gear Product Specialist and Gear Business Manager to determine accurate forecasts for new product
• Additional responsibilities as defined by Giant management
• Provide backup to POS team members, as necessary
• Track local and international freight costs on designated tracking sheets
• At least 2~3 years’ experience in purchasing and managing forecasts
• An understanding of the fundamentals of inventory control, purchasing, and forecasting
• Understanding of bicycle components and consumer buying trends
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Emphasis on Excel
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Axapta) ERP a plus
• Experience in International procurement a plus
• College degree required
Gear Planning & Supply Administrator
Newbury Park California
|Required Experience:||3 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|