The Zumiez Product & Brand Services team is responsible for 42+ unique brands spanning various categories, including men’s and women’s apparel, accessories, and snow/skate hard goods.
Zumiez PBS Graphic Design Team is looking for an experienced creative manager that will play a crucial role in leading the Graphic Design team throughout the creative process. Our ideal candidate is positive, collaborative, and empowering. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
The Product & Brand Service Graphic Design Manager leads the PBS Graphic Design team and is responsible for artwork, branding, and packaging for several Zumiez private label brands, licensed brands, and related graphic design projects.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Creative Direction and Graphic Design:
• Accountable for managing the creative direction, artwork development, and final approval for all graphic design-related projects
• Oversee all Graphic Design presentations and presentation materials for various projects
• Leads trend and creative direction development for graphics, brand & packaging, and print techniques that support the brand and customer
• Partner with the Design Director in the development and maintenance of DNA and brand guidelines for all the Zumiez-owned brands
• Knowledgeable of performance and department initiatives related to artwork development
• Leads seasonal trend research and development for seasonal graphics themes
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager
• Manage, coach, mentor, and empower the Graphic Design Team
• Oversee new employee onboarding and provide career development planning and opportunities
• Continually look to improve the graphic design department's skills through teaching and learning
• Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams and Product & Brand Services counterparts
Project and Workload Management:
• Partners with the Design Coordinator to manage the department's workflow to ensure timely and successful project completion
• Actively identify areas of improvement in processes and proactively find solutions
• Effectively communicate expectations and deadlines to stakeholders
• Exercise project management skills to balance priorities and communicate to teams to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments; keep internal and cross-functional partners informed of projects and progress.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of relevant graphic design leadership experience setting.
• BA or equivalent course work in graphic design preferred
• Contribute to the Zumiez culture of empowerment, competition, teaching, learning, recognition, fairness, honesty, and fun
• Able to give, receive, and apply constructive criticism
• Effective presentation skills
• Experience with creative direction and trend research
• Project management and organizational skills with experience in calendar planning and file management
• Product print, pattern, packaging, apparel design experience
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with Procreate is a plus
• 5-6 years of experience working with an Apple workstation
• 3-4 years of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• 3-4 years of experience leading and managing projects while maintaining deadlines
• Experience with branding and the ability to adhere to established brand guidelines
• Remain detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment
• A balanced mix of creative and technical know-how
• Current with the fashion industry, trends, and brands relevant to the Zumiez brand
• Able to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 3-4 weeks each year, it is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a documented need for an accommodation certified by a medical professional or a properly documented need for a religious accommodation.
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.