Marketing Resource Manager
- United States
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
The Marketing Resource Manager is a part of the Marketing Management team and works closely with Marketing Managers and other team leads to assign appropriate resources to marketing promotions and event projects. The Resource Manager works closely with Program Leads to ensure their teams are adequately staffed for all active events and programs and helps to maintain utilization goals. They support the Marketing team to ensure the appropriate resources are available for pending and current project work. They work with the Sr. Marketing Manager to identify gaps in the team and initiate recruiting.
This role helps grow and mentor the Marketing Coordinator team, instilling the cultural values of the company and the core elements of the Zumiez Brand, to optimize a collaborative and highly functional team. As part of a small, dynamic, multi-hat wearing team, qualified individuals will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; confident and diplomatic in dealing with competing departmental objectives and varied personalities; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and will have a positive attitude.
This position supervises 4 Marketing Coordinators plus interns.
• Develop/maintain/own a global promotional timeline, ensuring all programs and events are accounted for and have the appropriate support.
• Accept requests for coordinator support from managers, and allocate based on schedules, workload, expertise, and opportunities for coordinators to learn and grow
• Manage weekly 1:1s with coordinators to assess workload, growth, opportunities and HR related conversations
• Work with coordinators to develop goals, hold regular goal check-ins, and evaluate goals through completion
• Schedule meetings and lead when necessary for planning, coordination, communication discussions
• Anticipate milestones in schedule, immediately raising flags to team when deadlines or bandwidth is in jeopardy
• Ability to take on special projects and project management for the team as a whole (i.e. Brand Marketing Retreat, BMCAs, Home Office events, 100K lead, etc)
• Effective Communication and Leadership Skills—RM’s Interact with nearly every person on the team and therefore
are required to have strong communication skills and be comfortable leading large team meetings. Strong written and
interpersonal communication skills are critical.
• Knowledge of team roles and abilities —Successful Resource Managers are extremely knowledgeable of the skills and core competencies needed to complete project deliverables. RM’s must either have Marketing experience or applicable knowledge of
• Strategic Thinking—RM’s must have the ability to see the big picture while never losing focus on the details
• Proven record of strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Good decision making and problem solving skills.
• Strong computer and analytical skills; detailed experience with spreadsheets.
• Ability to interact effectively with different personality styles and with employees at all levels of the organization; must possess confidence in communication style and diplomacy.
• Proven ability to manage a budget with focus on efficiency, effectiveness and cost control.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, within the set timeline and meeting the standards set by Marketing Team.
• Ability to understand and respond to all issues related to assigned projects.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to reprioritize to changing needs.
• Ability to stay focused.
• Ability to work independently (self starter) and as part of a team.
• Ability to work well in a fast moving multi-task environment.
• Heightened sense of urgency to drive projects through all phases, adhering to tight deadlines and changing situations.
• High standards for time management.
• Project management experience required.
• Action Sports and/or Retail experience preferred.
• Technical Requirements:
• Expert or advance knowledge of Mac OS operating system
• Expert or advance knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Proficient with Adobe Acrobat and Power Point
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, stock purchase program, 401k, product discount.