Do you love Excel like we do? Are you fascinated by all the components that make up a garment down to the molecular level? Do you love surrounding yourself with awesome fun people every day? If yes, then we need you! Not only is this an awesome job working with an awesome group of people, the benefits are crazy good too - Medical, Dental, Vision, Stock Purchase Program, 401k, Product Discount, and too many intangibles to list.
• • PLEASE NOTE• •
– This is an associate level job requiring 2 to 4 years of experience
– This job is not involved with design. It’s is purely a compliance role
Zumiez is seeking someone to maintain & expand our testing & compliance processes on soft goods and hard goods for our Private Label department. We make tons of cool stuff, and this is your chance to get in here and be a part of the cool!
This position will work in collaboration with the Senior Compliance Coordinator, becoming a main point of contact for product & compliance management of apparel, soft goods and hardlines (snow/skate) for all countries we produce in or ship to Additionally, this person will track and obtain all required/necessary approvals. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a high level of flexibility and commitment & a passion for great customer service.
Zumiez is a fast growing awesome company, with awesome people.
If you are a subject matter expert looking to make your mark - this may be it!
• Provide end-to-end regulatory product compliance management, support, and guidance for merchandise and production teams.
• Work in alliance with applicable outside counsel and third-party vendors assisting with the above legal product compliance issues
• Document compliance by completing agency approval applications, recording test results, preparing investigative reports, and maintaining product compliance databases
• REACH product compliance audits
• Interprets federal and state and/or international regulations as they apply to products, financial processes, and other processes, practices and procedures.
• Investigates and resolves product compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from other units of the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc.
• Coordinate product compliance testing and inspections
• Audit , evaluate and update current policies, procedures, and documentation for product compliance with government laws and regulations.
• Analyze the results of compliance testing and inspections and advise on how to streamline the process
• Develop a risk assessment strategy for our products
• Be the primary point of contact for suppliers regarding product safety and quality testing as well as compliance to standards and regulations
• Assist in Social Compliance Audits, New Vendor setup and other production compliance related needs.
Required Skills & Experience
• 2-4 years of experience in regulatory compliance environment or working for a regulatory agency related to apparel & hard goods product compliance/import/export obligations
• Must have apparel or textile experience. Knowledge of fabrications, characteristics, performance and textile compatibility.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, data driven, self-starting, and comfortable with business software, such as Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Solid knowledge of product labeling/safety requirements under the Consumer Product Safety Act, the Wool Products Labeling Act, Textile Fiber Products Identification Act, Hazardous Substances Labeling Act, Flammable Fabrics Act,, Federal Trade Commission Act, including the care labeling regulations issued pursuant thereto, FTC Guidelines, Trade Practice Rules and Regulations, as well as the Environmental Protection Agency, in addition to any applicable State regulations (e.g., California Proposition 65). Must understand and have experience on how all of these relate to apparel, textiles and hard goods.
• Solid knowledge and experience with Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical Substances Law (REACH), European Directive for Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
• Ability to find solutions, work collaboratively across business functions and teams, and interact with and represent the company with government regulators
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sense of humor and fun
Senior Compliance Coordinator
To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume through Malakye.com