Are you the kind of person who gets bored by managers that don't push you, by jobs that don't stretch you, by cultures that move too slow?
-Are you a high achiever, with a track record of beating aggressive goals? You know--the type of person who is always looking to top last year?
If this sounds like you, read on...
Zumiez has big goals for our Technical Design team. We're working hard to collaborate with an awesome team of designers and product developers to develop a broad range of great looking, great fitting products-pants, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, knit shirts and even Snow products and underwear.
This is where you come in.
We're looking for an Associate Technical Designer who will partner with the Mens and/or Womens design and product development teams, proficient in:
- measuring vendor submits from all of our product categories
- checking submits against created Technical Packs
- updating Tech Pack information as needed using Adobe Illustrator
- maintaining sample tracking charts for assigned categories,
- daily communication with vendors for requested submits, submit revisions, answering of technical construction and grading issues
In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, you'll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you've probably ever had.
What kind of person will thrive in this role?
Your work experience should include:
- an Associate's (or higher) degree or the equivalent with course work in product development, apparel design and patternmaking, apparel manufacturing or related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience actively working in a Technical Design role
- Experience working in Mens and/or Womens Denim and Casual Pants
You should be able to demonstrate:
-The ability to effectively provide daily communication with vendors requesting for submit revisions through written instruction, illustration, pattern review, digital picture
- A strong working knowledge of spec development using points of measure; basic skills in patternmaking; ability to accurately measure garments against created specs; advanced competency in the knowledge of garment construction
- The ability to consistently achieve Design requested fit and silhouette of assigned products, in 3 or less submits
- An acute attention to detail in Tech Pack, BOM, and submit review
- The ability to confidently conduct a fit session with multiple designers and product development partners
- The ability to review weekly Vendor Sample Tracking charts against Time and Action Calendars; the ability to maintain a Submit Sample Tracking chart for assigned product categories
- The ability to work both, independently and in a team environment
- An advanced ownership of assigned products, empowered to suggest and implement ways to improve process
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel for Mac
- High Proficiency in using Adobe Illustrator; working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
And everyone you work with should describe you as:
- Passionate and positive with a “can do” attitude
- Someone who can take direction but also take initiative
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking “work hard, play hard” team-oriented environment
And you should be motivated by...
- Learning how to do something well by doing it, not be reading a manual or going to formal training
- Working in a lean, results oriented environment, where you'll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every quarter
- Having fun in an environment low on politics, high on transparency, and comfortable with jeans, shorts, hoodies, and dogs in the office
And no, not everyone skates or snowboards here, but everyone has an appreciation for the lifestyle and culture.
Where you'll work
Our headquarters is in the thriving metropolis of Lynnwood, Washington, just North of Seattle. This is a cubicle-free, skateboards welcome, open environment that's designed to get people talking, debating the merits of an ideas, and having fun. Even though our company was founded in 1978, our 300+ person HQ culture still feels very start-up-y. And even though we're the home office, you'll find a strong sales culture - not an administrative culture - here.
Please submit through Malakye.com