Product Designer (Boots, Binding, Softgoods)
- Rome Snowboards
- United States
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
As part of the Product Design Team, you will be responsible for applying your strong design skills and innovative thinking to create new products for the snowboard Boot, Binding and Softgoods categories. Partnering with each individual category manager, this position will assist in defining aspects of style, fit and function for said categories. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of self motivation as well as a balance of aesthetic sensitivity and mechanical aptitude.
We work in a laid back and creative environment, 30 minutes from Stowe Resort.
Responsibilities to include:
• Generation of concepts for each category
• Conduct market research and design trend analysis
• Execute design detailing and technical packages
• Refine and finish product designs through multiple prototyping phases
• Manage and update design resource tools, including specifications, digital files, materials library and development samples
• Participate in collecting feedback from sales force, retailers and product testers
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Product Design
• Minimum of 2-5 years hands on experience in a product design environment, preferably in sporting goods
• Solid knowledge or materials and manufacturing processes including but not limited to plastics and injection molding.
• A good understanding of user and consumer experience
• Strong interest in fashion and design
• Strong ideation and problem solving skills
• Excellent skills in the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Excellent skills in the latest Solidworks, AliasStudio or Rhino package
• Ability to communicate your ideas through quick sketches and rendering as well as verbally
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to follow briefs to deliver designs that adhere to target prices
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet concurrent deadlines
• Domestic and international travel required
• Willingness to embrace snowboarding as part of your lifestyle if it already isn’t a part of it
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
No phone calls please.
Digital portfolios should be no greater than 7MB. Teaser portfolios of 1-2 images will not be considered.
NOTE: Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply
Employment includes Epic Pass good locally at Stowe Mountain Resort and across the Vail Resorts network. Stowe opens daily at 8 am and provides an excellent opportunity to get on the hill.