- Pearl Izumi USA, Inc.
- United States
- Louisville, CO (Boulder Area)
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Pearl Izumi is looking to add a Graphic Designer to its team in Louisville, CO (Boulder Area).
The focus of this position is graphic design and production for the Custom department to execute all custom sublimation printed apparel. Work directly with cycling and triathlon stores and teams from initial designs through final print production files.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create custom designs for use in sublimation printed, cycling and triathlon apparel. Creative range of projects span from full creative freedom to the execution of client supplied designs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage timelines to deliver projects to meet corporate objectives
- Build an expertise of sublimation printing as applied to apparel, including; the creation of templates, the effects of size grading on graphics, digital paper printing and sublimation transfer.
- Insure the execution of quality creative concepts through final production files for all custom sublimation printing
- Execute image and pattern masking in Illustrator as well utilize links to create templates for sublimation printing.
- Accomplish the timely delivery of final files to outside vendors
Other Duties / Responsibilities:
- Travel to trade shows, sale meetings and consumer events outside of standard work hours
- Special projects as outlined by the Director, Design.
- Assist in training new or contacted graphic artist in the specifics of Pearl Izumi’s systems, creative guidelines and tools.
- Provide input to improve systems and grow the custom business unit at Pearl Izumi
- 5 years of Graphic Design and Production experience
- Expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop and all Apple software programs
- Strong graphic design and final production skills to produce materials for use on full sublimation printed active wear.
- Good interpersonal skills, extremely approachable and professional with great enthusiasm for the brand and product and collaboration skills to work with; sales, operations and product teams.
- Self-starter with strong, proven organizational skills, self-discipline, strong decision making capabilities, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the outdoor or sporting good business.
- Experience in the production of sublimation printed apparel a plus.
- Experience with the printing industry a plus.
- Experience with large format digital printers and RIP software a plus
Key Organizational Competencies:
- A+ Service Focus: Focuses one’s efforts on discovering, meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Develops and grows a relationship for future business and ultimately facilitate the customer decision-making process.
- Drive For Results: Accurately assesses critical issues and concentrates work efforts on them to produce valued results.
- Collaborative: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or coworkers in achieving goals and completing assignments.
- Adaptable: Effectively handles changing environments within the organization; maintaining effectiveness when dealing with multiple and conflicting priorities across different cultural settings, or during times of great adversity.
- Aptitude/Business Acumen: Assimilates, synthesizes, interprets, and communicates significant business and economic information and impacts.
- Authenticity/Innovation: Identifies key trends opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately and has broad Displays the ability to openly receive feedback and criticism in a positive manner. Learns from mistakes and asks for others insight in times of need, rather than turning defensive. Effective in using active listening skills when engaging in conversation.
- Open/Receptive: Energizes people around specific organizational initiatives, goals and visions. Ensures others hear, understand and accept a common organizational vision by guiding, translating and influencing what the vision means for everyone involved.
- Reliable: Maintains personal productivity and effectiveness in the midst of change, ambiguity, or stress.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!