- Pearl Izumi USA, Inc.
- United States
- Louisville, CO (Boulder Area)
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Pearl Izumi is seeking a Staff Accountant in Louisville, Colorado.
The person in this position works with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial activities for the company. The role requires strong analytic and reasoning skills in order to determine the best outcome when faced with different scenarios.
The employee will apply accepted principles of accounting to analyze financial information and will be responsible for making the requisite journal entries and preparing account reconciliations in order to be able to prepare accurate and complete financial statements.
This person will assist with the preparation and analysis of the financial statements. Additional responsibilities include preparation of sales tax returns, tracking and reporting for fixed assets, accounting contact for the external auditors as well as assisting with the internal audit process as it relates to JSOX and other company reviews.
- The ability to work independently
- Compilations and analysis of financial information to prepare all the necessary journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ability to analyze financial data and determine reasons for account balance movements
- Preparation of the requisite financial reports, including audit schedules
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Maintain & suggest sound accounting control procedures, relating to corporate compliance and to the efficient operation of the finance department.
- Sales tax return preparation
- Thorough understanding of financial statement presentation
- Maintenance of the SAGE fixed asset software
- Involvement with the JSOX evaluation process
- Uploading the financial results into the Corporate Consolidation package
- Special projects as required
- A four-year college degree with major coursework in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of general accounting experience.
- Extensive Excel experience
- Experience with the other Microsoft suite products
- Experience with AS400 based (or similar) general ledger systems
- Experience with Sage fixed asset software a plus
- Experience completing sales and use tax returns
- Working knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS
- Ability to work under pressure and possess a strong work commitment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all departments in the organization
- Self Motivated
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
Key Organizational Competencies:
- A+ Service Focus: Focuses one’s efforts on discovering, meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Develops and grows a relationship for future business and ultimately facilitate the customer decision-making process.
- Drive For Results: Accurately assesses critical issues and concentrates work efforts on them to produce valued results.
- Collaborative: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or coworkers in achieving goals and completing assignments.
- Adaptable: Effectively handles changing environments within the organization; maintaining effectiveness when dealing with multiple and conflicting priorities across different cultural settings, or during times of great adversity.
- Aptitude/Business Acumen: Assimilates, synthesizes, interprets, and communicates significant business and economic information and impacts.
- Authenticity/Innovation: Identifies key trends opportunities, and organizational capabilities that would bring competitive advantage to the organization. Sees trends before others and integrates concepts in a unique way.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates future consequences and trends accurately and has broad Displays the ability to openly receive feedback and criticism in a positive manner. Learns from mistakes and asks for others insight in times of need, rather than turning defensive. Effective in using active listening skills when engaging in conversation.
- Open/Receptive: Energizes people around specific organizational initiatives, goals and visions. Ensures others hear, understand and accept a common organizational vision by guiding, translating and influencing what the vision means for everyone involved.
- Reliable: Maintains personal productivity and effectiveness in the midst of change, ambiguity, or stress.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!