IT Technical Support Specialist (Part-time)
- Pearl Izumi USA, Inc.
- United States
- Louisville, CO (Boulder Area)
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Pearl Izumi is seeking a part time IT Technical Support Specialist in Louisville, Colorado.
Introduction to careers at PEARL iZUMi:
At PEARL iZUMi, we all play an integral role in our mission to “Unlock the Power of Inspiration and Impact” in a supportive, fast-paced and productive work environment. This is why we exist, and all team members contribute in tangible and sometimes profound ways. If you see value in “unlocking” this potential, then PEARL iZUMi could be the place for you. We are looking for passionate like-minded people who are fueled by an innate desire to work in an environment focused on team success. Whether your role is to create, to sell, or to support, careers at PEARL iZUMi give you an opportunity to make a difference.
We are also laser-focused on finding the right people who share our core values – Trust, Craft, Empathy, Impact, and Plus 1. Check out our website to see how PEARL iZUMi defines and captures these critical internal values. To be clear, we evaluate all candidates on their demonstrated commitment to these values.
Overview of role:
The primary focus of this position is to ensure that the PCs provided to the network users are functioning correctly and are maintained in a state that allows each user to perform his computer-dependent tasks in the most efficient manner.
The secondary focus of this position is to assist the network administration in the daily maintenance of the network servers as well as in special projects that the Network Administrator II or Sr. IT Manager deem necessary.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create PC images for the most efficient deployment of software
- Image and deploy PCs to new users and when upgrading existing users
- Act as first level support contact for all PC-related issues
- Initiate contact with warranty service providers when necessary
- Upgrade PC software and hardware when appropriate
- Maintain current levels of definition files for protection programs on PCs
- Manage Windows patches and updates on PCs
- Restore files from backup system when necessary
- Create and modify domain accounts and mailboxes in Active Directory
- Create and modify e-mail distribution groups and security groups in Active Directory
- Assign and modify directory permissions for network shares in Windows Explorer
- Install and share windows printers
- Assist the network administrator in troubleshooting server-related issues
- Document and update technical documentation where appropriate.
- Assist network administrator in server hardware and software upgrades
- Perform special tasks and undertake special projects as directed by the IT Director
- Maintain log of loaner equipment
- Maintain inventory of PCs and printers
- Pull CAT-5 cable for network drops
- Punch down and terminate network cables
- Train users on new applications and IT-related policies and procedures
- Act as network administrator when network administrator is unavailable
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
- CompTIA A+ certification or a minimum of three years performing PC hardware and software support.
- CompTIA Network + certification or a minimum of three years’ experience performing network administration of a Microsoft Windows-based TCP/IP LAN.
- Also must demonstrate ability to work with others in a personable, patient, and responsive manner.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!