Retail Buyer - Merrell
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Retail Merch-Planning & Allocation Job Function Merchandising Min. Exp.(Yrs) 3 Type Full Time
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrells outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Merrell Retail Buyer is responsible for the merchandise assortment, distribution, and promotion of footwear for Merrell retail stores while achieving sales, inventory, turn, and gross margin goals.
Primary Duties • Develops seasonal assortment plans for showcasing the brand with attention to store demographic profiles and geography and a keen understanding of the Merrell customer.
• Collaborates with Product Line managers throughout the development cycle in order to identify opportunities and leverage trend information to continuously drive sales and mitigate risk.
• Works with retail planning to develop seasonal merchandise plans that reflect future opportunities and deficiencies. In-season, assists retail planning with the OTB reforecasts of sales, markdowns, purchases and inventory based on actual business trends and product availability.
• Determines store initial seasonal distributions on styles by utilizing store volume rankings by size ranges and merchandise classifications by understanding how to merge historical statistical data with current trends and forecast future opportunities.
• Collaborates with Wholesale Merchandisers and makes key determinations on inventory (i.e. in-season purchase orders, price changes, consolidations and re-forecasting of purchases due to changes in sales and inventory) based on analysis of selling trends and business conditions.
• Collaborates with Merchandise Planning Manager to create seasonal unit plans based on buyers assortment.
• Visit stores monthly in order to gain a better understanding of the customers and the store associates through active listening and understanding the store point of view. Also visits competition with field management.
• Creates seasonal business plans to review/present to internal senior management. Plans must clearly state merchandising objectives for the next season in an actionable format.
• Performs duties consistent with the companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Bachelors degree or equivalent with 5+ years experience in retail merchandising, preferably with knowledge of footwear.
• Excellent negotiations, analytical, and organizational skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently as well as develop strong working relationships with the other merchandising department members.
• Must possess a fashion sense and understand how to meet the needs of the customer.
• Ability to analyze trends, spot opportunities and make business decisions by looking beyond the numbers.
• Strong experience in Microsoft office.
• Experience with SAP and BW is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONSNormal office environment. Travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com