Vice President, Strategy - Chief of Staff
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Corporate Strategy Job Function Business Strategy Min. Exp.(Yrs) 10 Type Full Time
General Function Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwides continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers every step of the way.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven individual to work alongside and report directly to our President / CEO in creating and realizing our bold growth strategy.This position provides strategic support to the President /CEO and leads the strategic planning process with our portfolio of brands to create the annual growth plan, and also dives into various projects and problems and help define the answers and pathways to success.
Primary Duties • Work with Brand leadership to analyze data, distill into valuable business insights, and make both short and long-term decisions regarding business needs and resources to improve the P&L, provide strategic decision support, and deliver on bold growth.
• Oversee development and implementation across the organization of plans to implement brand and company-wide initiatives. Observe implementation of initiatives and strategies and evaluate successes & failures for learning and refining next initiatives.
• Write business briefs and plans explaining situations, analysis, and associated recommendations, providing strategic recommendations through applying analytical frameworks, strategic business models & tools, or through quantitative data analysis.
• Act as the personal analyst, consultant, and project manager for the CEO.
• Advise and assist CEO in preparation for Board, Investor, and other corporate meetings, creating persuasive and effective deliverables, including reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other outputs to powerfully communicate findings and progress.
• Participate in talent acquisition process as needed; partner with HR to align on profiles and interview candidates for critical roles.
• Provide brutal honesty to the President / CEO to ensure any potential blind spots are addressed; wisely share direct and candid feedback about anything and everything in the organization.
• Act as proxy for the President / CEO when needed; attending meetings in their place and distilling an hour-long meeting down to an insightful 5-minute summary.
• Lead / participate in cross-functional special project teams that identify, evaluate, and analyze critical strategic priorities and/or issues.
• Build trusting relationships with leaders and teams across the organization to produce joint recommendations on policies, strategic issues and new initiatives.
• Be an organization thought leader through keeping up to date on developments in industry, competitor developments, consumer trends, and general marketplace conditions that impact our performance.
• Collaborate on corporate & portfolio growth initiatives including M&A, integration, and divestiture efforts.
• Perform duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • At least 10 years of professional experience along with appropriate educational achievement, including experience in business strategy development within a large organization or consultancy.
• Understands the inner-workings of a fast-paced growth stage organization with cross-functional exposure, and quickly distill complex information into a manageable plan.
• High level skills in listening, asking good questions, and distilling / summarizing verbal information into key ideas and needs
• Quick study and eager learner who is adaptable, agile, and resourceful beyond imagination to get things done, own deliverables, hit deadlines, and deliver an outstanding work product
• Wicked project management skills for multiple project mgt and the ability to distill complex projects into clear plans with timelines and budget
• Quickly instill confidence and build trust
• Courageous and candid
• Business Savvy and able to dive into any area of the organization and understand the business needs; strong understanding of how business functions interact and depend on each other
• Powerful communication skills for crafting top notch stories to communicate with everyone from the Board of Directors to an individual retail customer and everyone in-between; create executive level briefings to facilitate strategic conversations
• Exceptional EQ & influence skills to quickly diffuse work conflict without involving the executive leader
• While we strive for work/life balance and that will be the standard, this position will likely need to jump into fire drills at a moment's notice
• Footwear, apparel, and retail industry knowledge is a plus
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com