Field Marketing Specialist
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Merrell Job Function Marketing Min. Exp.(Yrs) 0 Type Full Time
At Merrell, we believe everyone deserves to experience the simple power of being outside. From mountain trails to parks and playgrounds, we all belong in the outdoors. No matter our shape, our size or our race. So we're proud to make durable and versatile products that help get more of us outside together.
The Field MarketingSpecialist is part of a national team who acts on Merrells mission of sharing the simple power of being outside, while building positive and lasting relationships with current and future consumers, retail partners and the outdoor community.The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with strong organizational, communication, social media and creative problem-solving skills. The Field MarketingSpecialist works closely with the Global Marketing and Sales teams to bring our brand voice to life and facilitate a two-way conversation with consumers 365 daysa year. You will partner with retailers, community groups and influencers to plan and execute promotions and events, with the ultimate goal of increasing brand awareness and driving sell-through in your local market.You will also be the expert on all things for the brand and will deliver engaging brand and product training sessions to retail associates virtually and in-person.
Primary Duties • Plan and follow your own work schedule, including daily store visits, retail events, office time and regional events as needed.
• Build an understanding of global marketing platforms and find dynamic ways to execute them on a local level.
• Build out comprehensive marketing plans around a whole city involving retail partners, community partners, brand advocates, market influencers and advertising agencies to bring the brand voice into market around key brand moments.
• With retail partners, plan and execute weekly consumer events that align with the brands global brand platform and seasonal launches. Develop communication strategies to drive attendance and participation at events.
• Build strong retail partnerships through consistent follow through and constant and open communication with store leadership and staff.
• Build strong partnerships through consistent follow through and constant and open communication with community partners, brand partners/advocates, market influencers and advertising agencies.
• Increase store associates confidence and understanding of the brand and product knowledge through group and one-on-one staff training sessions.
• Help create ideal in-store environment based on global merchandising guidelines in key accounts. Secure best placement and visibility for point of sale assets and ensure in-store assets align with global calendar.
• Create and promote engaging virtual content for the brand to use on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snap Chat, Twitter, etc.
• Maintain an open line of communication with the Marketing and Sales teams and deliver weekly and monthly reporting as assigned.
• Maintain and track monthly travel and marketing budgets; submit monthly reports to Field Marketing Lead.
• Performs duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Bachelors degree required.
• 1+ years of Marketing or Sales experience.
• Enthusiasm and a passion for many outdoor activities including, but not limited to, hiking and running.
• Experience working in retail, especially within the running and athletic footwear and apparel industry.
• Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills are necessary as you will be working outside of the corporate headquarters and will be responsible for your own schedule.
• Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects with different teams and partners and maintain a high level of organization throughout.
• Maintain peak professionalism in daily interactions with retailers and consumers across a range of channels and be adaptable to varying needs and expectations in those channels.
• Must be comfortable, confident and engaging when presenting to groups large and small, and be able to communicate clearly in person, via email and on social media.
• Have sharp attention to detail and be able to meet strict and sometimes short deadlines.
• Must be willing and able to work on nights and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) due to retail promotions and events is expected and required.
• Strong PC/tablet skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, database management, report creation, internet applications, and social media.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing; Typically, 80% of the job is on-the-road travel.
• This position is located outside of the corporate headquarters.
WORKING CONDITIONSHome office and retail store environments, as well as indoor and outdoor athletic events. Frequent travel required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com