Senior Design & Product Development Director - Hush Puppies
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Hush Puppies Job Function Product - Brand Min. Exp.(Yrs) 10 Type Full Time
Hush Puppies is thego-to footwear, accessory and apparel brand that delivers the right mix of timeless style, dependable comfort and quality. Since 1958, the brand has defined authentic casual style for generations of consumers around the world. Today, Hush Puppies is the favorite shoe for all who embrace the lighthearted spirit and modern style of this iconic brand represented by our lovable bassethound! With over 17 Million pairs sold every year in over 165 countries around the world, Hush Puppies has become more than a global brand, it's a household name and a cultural icon! We invented casual style, you make it your own. Hush Puppies.
The Senior Product Development & Design Director Oversees the Design and Product Development teams for the global business. Creates the short and long-term design vision and drives the product development process by partnering with Product Management, Marketing, and Sourcing.
Primary Duties • Directs the brands design and product development team.
• Leads the execution of all product details to ensure end product embodies the brand DNA that delivers on long term brand strategic objectives.
• Drives and influences seasonal trend research to set brand-appropriate creative direction for the season.
• Partners with product management leadership and marketing team to collaborate on seasonal stories and educate on all key selling features and benefits.
• Partners with materials team to direct seasonal material needs.
• Drives effective sourcing strategies in partnership with the global operations leadership team.
• Collaborates with global cross-functional leadership to ensure achievement of desired target costs and calendar optimization.
• Partners with PLM and Marketing on the collaboration strategy and manages execution through team.
• Directs the technology and research for the product development function.
• Performs duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of footwear experience in either design or product development required.
• Proven leadership skills and experience managing effective, engaged teams.
• Strategic thinking and visioning; understands product relevance, positioning, timing and collections.
• Proven track record of developing and executing large, strategic and vision led programs / transformations.
• Technically proficient with an extensive understanding of footwear constructions.
• Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, visual, listening)inclusive of executive audiences.
• Proven ability to build strong relationships and get things done in a matrix-oriented environmentinclusive of leading & influencing leaders.
• Skills within illustration, whether this being freehand or computer aided (Illustrator/Photoshop/3D).
• Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite.
• Exceptional follow-through skills and attention to detail.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com