Corporate Communications Manager
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Legal Job Function Business Strategy Min. Exp.(Yrs) 5 Type Full Time
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwides continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers every step of the way.
The Corporate Communications Managerwill work at the corporate level to develop and plan materials that enable effective communication both internally and externally. The role will be responsible for managing all internal and external communications, media relations, community relations and other key stakeholder communications. This role will also coordinate the companys sustainability efforts globally. Enhance business performance and support the long-term interests of the company through coordination of the functional experts activation of the CSR platform. Manage the companys Community Engagement initiatives and raise awareness of the companys commitment to social responsibility and sustainability.
Primary Duties • Proactively serve as Wolverines media relations spokesperson and corporate liaison, including preparation and distribution of press releases, media statements and fact sheets and producing reactive responses to media queries and requests as necessary.
• Implement the design and visual communication strategy for the Company
• Develop comprehensive communications through the writing, editing and development of key stakeholder releases, speeches and presentations.
• Develop strategic direction of corporate web and intranet site. Provide management for digital communication vehicles and content, including the Companys corporate website Connect, WWWs digital signage platform and social media platforms.
• Design strategy and partner with senior level executives, to create internal and external community relations events (i.e. United Way), through the management of volunteer teams that execute WWW philanthropic strategy.
• Collaborates and supports the mission of the Wolverine Worldwide Foundation.
• Collaborate with functional experts to develop corporate communication that builds brand awareness and support business objectives.
• Performs duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • 5-7 years of communication and brand experience, including experience with external Media and agency management. Philanthropic experience helpful.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in communications, journalism or public relations.
• Exceptional project management and leadership skills.
• Budget management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional proofreading, copy editing and communication skills.
• Strong verbal and presentational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paces environment.
• Demonstrated strong eye for detail and aesthetics
• Understanding of responsibility and sustainability concepts, including reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity and engagement strategies.
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive and functional management.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fact based and rapidly changing.
• Video editing capabilities is preferred
• Global or multi-national experience is preferred.
• Must have strong expertise in Microsoft Office programs: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com