Senior Finance Manager - eCommerce
Job Locations US-MA-Waltham
Brand/Group eCommerce Job Function Finance Min. Exp.(Yrs) 7 Type Full Time
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwides continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers every step of the way.
At Wolverine Worldwide, eCommerce is a key component of the Companys Global Growth Agenda. The growth expectations in this important channel will require continuous investments in our great team. The strategic focus on eCommerce combined with the power of a diverse portfolio of brands provides a unique and exciting career-enhancing opportunity for the right candidate. The Senior Finance Manager will be a key member of the eCommerce Team delivering accurate, timely, and actionable financial data and analysis to drive fact-based and data-driven decisions. This individual will work closely with various functions of the eCommerce business including commercial, operations, experience, and marketing teams as a key contributor to optimizing performance.
Primary Duties • Develop, synthesize, and deliver complex and dynamic financial models for scenario modeling and what-if analysis
• Proactively and continuously analyze the business for opportunities to optimize profitability and present resulting proposals to senior management
• Engage in eCommerce initiatives where financial perspective is required (e.g. Capital Expenditures, Software as a Service, agile testing around site experience); review and communicate financial impact of business decisions including ROI evaluations
• Provide decision support, reporting, and insights to eCommerce leaders
• Monitor vendor contracts (e.g. software as a service) continuously to ensure ROI is tracking to expectations, provide relevant financial analysis during the initial engagement and/or renewal, and establish proper accounting treatment in alignment with Corporate Accounting Team
• Performing duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Support the development of strategic growth plans applying financial rigor around revenue growth goals and required investments
• Partner with functional leaders to develop detailed annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts for revenue, gross margin, variable marketing, and other SG&A components. Ensure areas of risk and opportunity are identified, sized, and visible to senior management
• Continuously monitor forecast accuracy and adjust models as necessary for improvements
• Compile, validate, and summarize financial information; orchestrate communications to eCommerce, Brand, and Corporate stakeholders
• Analyze variances versus Plan/Forecast and historical results; illuminate how key performance indicators manifest in financial results and provide meaningful insights to leadership.
• Evolve analysis through to recommendations on how to further optimize positive trends and/or address unfavorable trends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • 7+ years of accounting/analyst experience.
• Proven experience in strategic thinking, leading teams, achieving results, and managing processes and projects requiring complex analytical thinking and consistence execution.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, operationally aggressive and possesses a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and demonstrates flexibility while achieving accuracy and deadlines.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
WORKING CONDITIONSNormal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com