Vice President of Finance - Sperry
Job Locations US-MA-Waltham
Brand/Group Sperry Job Function Finance Min. Exp.(Yrs) 8 Type Full Time
General Function Develops and reviews group budgeting, financial planning, controls, accounting and reporting policies and practices. Analyzes financial results and provides management with an understanding of the divisions financial performance and the financial effect of business plans and strategies.
Primary Duties • Provides financial direction, guidance and strategy for the Brands performance including business planning, capital planning, forecasting, pricing and operational reviews.
• Responsible for the overall review and communication of the financial condition, operating results of each division and performance metrics on a period, quarterly and annual basis.
• Directs the preparation of the annual budget, financial forecasting and other supporting analysis.
• Provides variance reporting and analysis for revenue and expense against plan.
• Approves pricing of the product lines and go-to-market support, selling programs, overall terms and conditions and major closeout deals.
• Work with management to review and measure profitability goals and spending initiatives by major customer account and assists in developing opportunities for growth.
• Works closely with President and the executive leadership team in analyzing pertinent information to make both short and long-term decisions regarding business needs and resources, revenue growth, improving profitability and identifying current trends for strategic decision support.
• Works with legal on all third party agreements for product development and marketing statements of work, tenant leases, licensed retailers and licensee arrangements.
• Works with IT on opportunities regarding system reporting and process/operational improvement.
• Works with management in determining and approving sales bonus structures, and commission programs.
• Directs special projects for the Brand and determines overall financial impact for each.
• Makes and implements recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implements new services for areas of responsibility.
• Directs the activities of professional and support staff to ensure accounting controls and systems are in place to address accuracy, reliability, completeness and proper recording of financial data in accordance with GAAP and other corporate policies.
• Works with Demand Planning on sales and operations planning to improve timely delivery of goods, understanding for factory capacity and delays, and knowledge of product and logistical costing trends.
• Works with PLMs on business planning to ensure resources and capital investments in tooling are properly evaluated.
• Performs duties consistent with the companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
• CPA or CMA certification preferred.
• 8+ years experience in accounting and finance.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient with personal computers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com