Job Locations US-NY-Johnstown
Brand/Group Leathers & Materials Job Function Materials Min. Exp.(Yrs) 5 Type Full Time
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwides continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers every step of the way.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing US subcontractor operations related to quality, on-time deliveries, and maintaining cost efficiencies through effective processes and yields. Responsible for all aspects of leather manufacturing as well as maintaining proper inventory levels.Ensures consistent, profitable growth through actions plans to improve key metrics and deliver highest product integrity.
Primary Duties • Develop and implement material entrance control dashboards to control the consistency and quality of the skins tanned at contractor.
• Oversee and ensure the quality inspection of the manufactured leathers is done in accordance with established standards (KPIs). Focus on delivering KPIs (Yield, Reject , DIFOT) and report performance on a regular basis to all key stakeholders and investigate reasons for deviation. Develop plans and implement solutions for improvement.
• Maintain chemical costing and technology file in order to investigate relevant improvement options, chemical price, cost, and productivity.
• Coordinate and monitor wet blue planning to ensure material needed is in place to fill contractor capacities. Control and report the balance of the wet blue utilization and send warning when agreed thresholds are crossed.
• Ensure the finished leather stock is maintained and properly stored/protected.
• Oversee communication with partners to ensure the division is properly represented.
• Partner with Technical Director when deviations in product, costing or performance is detected and ensure timely testing or implementation of solutions.
• Manage weekly activities to ensure shipments meet targeted period deliverables. Partner with the leather factory liaison to align production claims with sales to ensure quoted delivery dates meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
• Work with VP of Leathers to maintain proper operating inventory levels, including the reporting of inventories to Finance department at the end of each Period. Maintain inventory aging including proper rotation, recoloring, and minimizing overages.
• Coordinate with Customer Service to ensure proper processing of customer orders, an accurate backlog, and issuance of purchase orders to suppliers/subcontractors. Coordinate seasonal developments with the marketing team in the US.
• Assess, respond and report any major shoe factory claims to management along with proposed solution for settlements.
• Nurture and grow the largest customer account, New Balance.
• Perform duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Experience in managing production shop floor
• Bachelors Degree in Business Management preferred
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and project leadership and negotiation skills.
• Computer literate with experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Results driven, resilient to pressure, organized, and adaptable.
Normal office environment and tannery operations, some travel required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com