Director of Retail Merchandising - Merrell
Job Locations US-MI-Rockford
Brand/Group Merrell Job Function Merchandising Min. Exp.(Yrs) 5 Type Full Time
At Merrell, we believe everyone deserves to experience the simple power of being outside. From mountain trails to parks and playgrounds, we all belong in the outdoors. No matter our shape, our size or our race. So we're proud to make durable and versatile products that help get more of us outside together.
The Director of Retail will own the full consumer experience and hold ultimate responsibility for merchandising, planning, allocation and visual merchandising for the Merrell brand group of specialty and outlet stores. The primary focus will be on short and long-term retail store growth strategies. With P&L accountability, he/she will build and lead a high performing team to drive profitable growth and build brand affinity and awareness through stores.
Primary Duties • Hold shared profit and loss accountability including achieving the sales, gross margin and expense goals for the retail stores. Establish plans to achieve these goals and monitor progress.
• Partner with the brand, store operations, eCommerce and wholesale counterparts to execute channel agnostic go to market strategies that drive brand affinity and growth.
• Lead the storytelling and product selection in the stores to create a strong brand presentation that is consumer-ready for purchasing.
• Provide clear vision to the team to create a unique in store experience that exceeds the expectation of consumers.
• In partnership with global product teams develop seasonal assortment strategies that leverage the brands key stories and differentiate the brand in the marketplace (i.e. counter-seasonal merchandising).
• Recruit, develop, and retain talent while providing vision, leadership, and training to the retail organization.
• Assort the line, flow product and set pricing strategies to maximize efficiency and productivity within the confines of the open to buy.
• Oversee the development of retail inventory flow strategies and store-specific distribution plans that maximize store and item productivity.
• Analyze business trends and react as necessary to ensure financial obligations are met or exceeded.
• Understand the complexities of the North America marketplace, including store interplay with eCommerce and wholesale, and the differences in consumer expectations by channel.
• Partner with finance to partner in development of the annual strategic plan for Merrell DTC. Participate in the development of the annual budget and operating plan that fully supports Direct to consumers strategic and financial goals, business model and core values
• Performing duties consistent with the Companys AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required • Bachelors degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field.
• 5+ years experience merchandising footwear, apparel and/or accessories in retail or in a combination of retail and wholesale environment.
• Analytic, creative, adaptable, entrepreneurial, goal-oriented and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous leadership experience in large, cross-functional organizations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
• Demonstrates strong industry knowledge.
• Comfortable with data reporting and analysis.
• Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
Normal office or retail store environment. Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Options Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMSwww.icims.com