Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Each company at Vista Outdoor has its own unique DNA. We are united by a dedication to superior quality, performance-driven products and a love of all things outdoors. CamelBak is a world leader in hydration products for the recreational and military markets, and its employees relentlessly innovate to help drive our users to hydrate and perform at their peak. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative and creative environment which routinely tackles the challenges issues confronted by our active user.
As such, the Product Release Coordinator position is an action-oriented role focused on bringing new products to market. This position collaborates with CamelBak Product Teams to gather and finalize product deliverables and data needed to successfully commercialize and launch each new product. This position drives all commercialization transactions and deliverables required for any product across all product lines with cross functional / cross departmental stakeholders. This includes the timely release of internal information, release of specifications to factories / points of distribution and ensuring the specifications yield high quality product.
· Partner with the Product Managers, Designers, Engineering and Developers to:
- Deliver accurate specifications for final commercialization
- Flow updates to the team and factories with appropriate review and approvals
- Coordinate extended team activities
- Regulatory Assessments and Readiness
- Quality Assessments and Readiness
- Coordinate Supply Chain decisions and drive alignment with Buyer/Planners, Import/Export and Oracle Set-up
· Identify all commercialization deliverables based on inputs from the appropriate Product Team.
· Assign part numbers and delivery dates for each deliverable per the needs of the supply chain and CamelBak customer. Where needed, break out commercialization deliverables in order to flow specifications to the factory
· Drive the release of specifications to the applicable factory in conjunction with Document Control
Deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Style, SKU & Part Number set up and assignment in Centric/Arena
- Style, SKU & Part Number assignments for any required warranty replacement parts
- Soft Goods SMU Sewing Specifications in coordination with the Developer
- Hard Good SMU Specifications in coordination with Engineering
- Required artwork in coordination with Design/Creative Services
- Material and Product Regulatory Compliance documents in coordination with Regulatory
- Commercialization & Quality Inspection per product style in coordination with Quality
- Finished Goods Packaging, Hangtags & Call-Out Tags in coordination with Marketing/Creative Services
- Import/Export Compliance requirements in coordination with Customs Compliance
- All required Dimensions and Weights in coordination with Developer/Engineering/factory
- UPC Sticker data & Over-Stickers
- Finalization of Arena/Centric PLM Item Set-up & Bills of Materials in coordination with
- Final product costing in coordination with the Product Operations Manager
- Product Retail/Wholesale pricing in coordination with Product Manager
- Hand-off of required Oracle SKU set-up data
- First Off Production Approvals (Factory/Quality)
· Continuous improvement of all SOP’s related to product release. Creation of new SOP’s when a changes in process occur or an update has been implemented in Centric.
· Bachelor’s or a related field, or equivalent education/experience
· Exposure in New Product Development and Implementation desired
· Experience partnering with multiple departments and stakeholders
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
· Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal
· Strong attention to detail and ability to manage large quantities of minutiae
· Strong problem recognition and collaboration skills for resolution
· Good judgment with the ability to drive timely and sound decisions
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Ability to escalate issues in a concise and timely manner
· Strong organizational skills
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!