Responsible for the design and development of new products relevant to the consumer, competitor trends, and sales opportunities, as guided by the Product Development team. Bring to market innovative and complementary product initiatives that meet or exceed internal quality standards, design intent, and margin targets that are in line with and ensure the company’s growth plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: - Other duties may be assigned:
- Create product designs 2D and 3D, that support department objectives
- Produce concept – prototype – finished designs that meet department goals
- Develop designs with manufactures and vendors into finished goods
- Maintain New Product Design files and visual work flow tools within the PD department
- Deliver progress updates
- Tests finished product for use and quality
- Communicate new product features and benefits
- Adapt product designs to address shifting needs and opportunities in the market
- Map and calendar product development in conjunction with department plans and goals
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry trends and styles
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of current manufacturing techniques
- Remain current on all new materials and techniques in Product Development.
- Test and review all current designs and competitors products, providing development information to the PD team
- All other tasks as assigned
• Training/Education required: Minimum of Associate’s Degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience required: Minimum 1- 3 years hands on experience in a like environment
Technical Skills required:
• CAD, AUTOCAD, C5 Adobe Products, MS Programs.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Results Driven and proactive; strong desire to execute area of responsibility with excellence
• Communication; must have the ability to effectively communicate to leadership and team members both verbal and written
• Must be passionate about the outdoors and developing products for the outdoors industry
• Strong team building and communication skills; ability to communicate across – departments
• Strong sense of ownership and desire to execute position
• Creative and critical thinker
• Ability to turn ideas into designs and products.