Job Title: E-Commerce Merchant
Reports to: E-Commerce Merchandise Manager
Years of Experience: 3-5+
Location: Ventura, CA
As the E-Commerce Merchant, you will be responsible for developing, communicating and implementing the seasonal digital merchandise strategy for select product categories within our North America e-commerce channels. You will be a key contributor during the Line Review process and will drive sales and execute the product line’s vision within our digital platforms. We need you to have a keen sensibility when it comes to balancing new, brand-forward styles with important volume-driving styles and are ultimately responsible for the item-level seasonal sales plans for your select product categories. Web merchandising, sales productivity analysis, design aesthetic, and analytical and organizational skills are all important for you to be successful. Most importantly, your contributions in this role will support our mission to save our home planet.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for building the item-level sales and inventory plans for all styles and colors within his or her product categories, ensuring these plans reflect a balance of trend, newness, and basics, and roll up to the channel’s topline financial targets.
- Partner with the Product Team on e-commerce merchandising decisions and strategies.
- Collaborate with the North America Planning Team to execute a seasonal buy that aligns with the digital merchandise strategy.
- Successfully achieve a critical balance of ‘revenue’ styles and ‘brand’ styles through feature onsite presentations and outbound marketing.
- Responsible for translating our marketing initiatives into compelling collections and sport and category pages that reflect the brand while creating an exceptional customer experience.
- Actively participate in the Line Review Process, providing relevant sales and trend data to inform future line plans.
- Partner with the e-commerce Merchandise Manager and Director of Global Merchandising to ensure all Patagonia brand stories told on the website align to the Product Team’s vision.
- Initiate and maintain communication of sales data, product trend, and inventory information to key cross-functional partners during the season’s selling period.
- Create a compelling online product experience, including inspirational merchandise presentations, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Partner with e-commerce Solutions Team to execute an online merchandising experience that supports the channel’s financial and inventory plans while at the same time meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Maintain flow of products and seasonal flips while analyzing the yearly offering holistically based on what makes sense seasonally for the customer.
- Determine seasonal online videos, alternate views of products, home page assortments, guided shopping, collection banners, and landing pages that promote key company strategies and styles.
- Help determine email plan that aligns with global merchandising direction and marketing focus.
- Partner with e-commerce Marketing Team to deliver a comprehensive outbound product marketing plan.
- Know the pulse of the market and our competitors (both in and outside the industry).
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
Who You Are
- Proactive - effective time management skills
- Analytical - strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable - able to work in a dynamic environment
- Resilient - comfortable and confident through change management
- Team player - solid positive energy and collaborative
- Demonstrates initiative - are conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
Experience You Bring
- BA or BS in a related field
- Minimum three years of experience in retail merchandising and/or planning
- Proven ability to understand the market, recognize product potential and lead assortment planning from a merchant’s perspective
- Capable of streamlining and improving processes and troubleshooting
- Ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly and look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.