Apparel Production Coordinator
- Mad Engine LLC dba NEFF / LRG
- United States
- San Diego
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Mad Engine is swinging open the door for an Apparel Production Coordinator!
The Production Coordinator works closely with the customer service and sales teams to issue purchase orders with overseas vendors for the manufacture of Private Label apparel items. Throughout the production process this role is responsible for constant communication with both internal teams and vendors on status updates, potential production concerns, buyer/licensing/testing submits, and documents related to incoming import shipments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with internal teams to create and issue purchase orders with overseas vendors
• Follow through and follow up with manufactures on new production orders and revisions
• Management of all incoming import shipments and communication with corresponding internal teams detailing shipment details
• Monitor weekly production reports to ensure programs are following the scheduled timeline
• Track the progress and submission status of samples required for buyers, licensing, and testing
• Provide support to the Senior Import Production Manager in other areas as assigned
Our Production Coordinator must thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and work well under stress. This individual must have good people and leadership skills. They will need to work well independently and within a team environment—following and delegating directions, communicating and troubleshooting obstacles to effectively meet goals and objectives. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to develop relationships across departments, at all levels. Must have ability to read and interpret documents including process, procedure, and vendor manuals.
Ideal candidate will have strong organization and critical thinking skills—including keen attention to detail, time management, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with overlapping deadlines and production schedules.
• College Degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience
• 3+ years of experience in production coordination or management communicating product design requirements and negotiating cost with overseas factories
• Proficient creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel
• General knowledge of apparel construction and screen printing with the ability to provide solution-based remedies when faced with stringent deadlines and unforeseeable obstacles that may delay production
• Fluent speaking Mandarin or Spanish is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.