Mad Engine is looking for an experienced Human Resources Director to join the team in San Diego, California. This position reports into the company president and has wide-ranging responsibilities across multiple company offices in southern California.
Purpose: Responsible for guiding and managing the overall activities of the Human Resource department. This individual ensures that all company and employee interactions are handled in a fair and consistent manner. Other responsibilities generally include recruiting, orientation, development and training of new employees, payroll processing, and salary and benefit administration. This Human Resources Director is responsible for employee relations and policy development along with performance improvement. Largely responsible for compliance with all regulatory concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for guiding and managing the overall activities of the Human Resource department.
• Manage and perform onboarding, orientation and all administrative human resource functions.
• Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient colleagues.
• Research and benchmark the marketplace to identify and leverage human resources best practices and trends
• Direct process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, talent acquisition, and human resource forecasting throughout the organization
• Analyze HR data (turnover, performance, compensation, etc.) and recommend different approaches, policies and procedures to drive continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
• Build and nurture positive employee relations practices to promote and maintain our high level of employee morale
• Advise Senior team on employee matters and strategies for employee recruitment and retention
• Conducts investigations for accidents, prepares necessary documentation for injuries and workers compensation claims
• Establish and coordinate necessary education and materials, such as manuals, employee handbooks, workshops, and reports.
• Prepare and process weekly payroll, will be responsible for timely processing, accuracy, and resolution of any payroll-related issues.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
• Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
• Performs other duties as assigned
Our Human Resources Director must have strong problem solving and analytical skills, and have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, vendors, and management. Must work well in timeline driven environment, with superior organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills, with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or Organizational Development, or related field required
• PHR certification preferred
• 7+ years of progressive human resources experience preferred
• 5+ years of management or supervisorial experience preferred
• Passion for innovative human resources solutions and process improvement
• Solid experience in benefits administration, recruiting, and affirmative action, employee relations, onboarding, and compensation
• Broad knowledge and experiences in State and Federal employment law, recruiting, employee benefits, compensation, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety and training
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for an eight-plus hour shift.
• Ability to deal effectively with all colleagues and personnel, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Working knowledge of ADP Workforcenow a major plus
• Must have full-time availability, Monday through Friday
Please submit resume through Malakye.
Human Resources Director
San Diego California
|Required Experience:||7 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 10 days ago