The Vice President of Design will lead Neff design team on all creative aspects of the product design process from concept through the final product approval. Be a partner with sales and retailer in driving business from a design perspective. Manage design team to achieve overall goals and keep deliverables on calendar.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Deliver clear, concise creative direction; possess broad understanding of trend and commercial design.
• Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process: research on a regular basis to be at the forefront of trends and shifts in the marketplace.
• Ensure products are consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interpret fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy. Proven track record in identifying trends and developing assortments that deliver results.
• Work efficiently and lead team to meet all calendar deadlines, promoting productivity while minimizing risks of delay or cancellations. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
• Attend and participate in hindsight meetings with an analytical mind to proactively understand results and identify opportunities. Build this data in to concept and creative strategy.
• Build strong, dynamic, and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Sales, Marketing, and Sourcing/Production.
• Manage teams to meet all calendar deadlines
• Serve as lead design advocate in the marketplace
• Recruit identify and retain design talent that delivers performance excellence.
• Strong working relationship with peers
• Assure product offerings are unique, brand right, market right and speaks to company ethos.
• Contribute big ideas to strategically enhance the brands while keeping inline with overall company financial objectives.
• Develop and present opportunities to aggressively grow sales through design offerings.
• Attend and participate in key retailer meetings, develop relationships with retailers, gain understanding of buyer needs.
• Drive design team to work in conjunction with sales team to drive business, create compelling product offerings and drive speed to market.
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field
• Qualified candidates should have a minimum 15+ years in branded design experience required with 10 years minimum managerial experience.
• Demonstrated fit expertise.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Talent Builder - proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best in industry designers.
• Demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, manage creative people, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
• Travel domestically regularly for retailer meetings Mac proficient with advanced skills in Adobe Suite, Keynote and Microsoft applications.
• Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Experience working with PLM software a big plus.
Please submit resume and portfolio through Malakye.