This is a great opportunity to join the LRG & Neff crew in Irvine as our new Product Developer!
The Product Developer develops and manages a group of products from concept through production. The Developer will collaborate with the VP of Production, PD & Sourcing to achieve seasonal product calendar initiatives. The Developer coordinates and defines materials, construction, fit, sourcing, costing, and commercial execution of product. The position requires extensive knowledge of apparel construction, fit and garment costing. This position is the link between merchandising/design/sales –production/sourcing and the factories.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure on-time completion of deliverables and manage the calendar and process including costing, quality evaluation, fabric, and trim requirements for each product.
• Negotiate with factory to achieve costs in order to meet target wholesale and gross margin targets. Suggest alternatives when relevant.
• Handle all daily communication with overseas and domestic vendors for assigned categories. Some factory travel both domestic and overseas may be required.
• Develop and maintain current WIP reports and BOM’s that result in a daily understanding of each item “in work” with an up-to-date trackable status of each item.
• Identify materials and construction that supports Designer’s vision and product requirements.
• Partner with production team to determine the sourcing strategy for the season or program.
• Participate in sourcing decisions based on volume, technique, fabrication and cost.
• Establish and maintain fit and construction standards and blocks to ensure brand consistency and quality.
• Prepare and lead all fittings for samples received.
• Performs spec review of all received samples for accuracy and consistency.
• Act as a team player and be able to work closely with other team members to help manage overall workload for the department in addition to managing personal workload.
• Coordinate all factory communication for the development of proto-types, establish the timeline, raw material management, and approval requirements with the factory.
• Support the sourcing and training of new factory resources.
• 3+ years’ experience in apparel product development, and/or technical design.
• Knowledgeable of garment construction, and basic fabric properties, patternmaking, costing, embroidery and surface applications (e.g. screen printing, etc.)
• Exceptionally strong problem-solving and negotiating skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and process implementation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Illustrator.
• Excellent understanding of the design, development and merchandising process from inception through production.
• Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.
• Ability to be a technical resource to others.
• Proven performance history with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Knowledge of garment fit and the ability to instruct a manufacturer on necessary changes to a pattern to influence the fit.
• Able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Full-Circle is a plus.