Senior Women's Footwear Designer
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
OLUKAI is in search of a Senior Women's Footwear Designer to join the team in Portland, OR.
At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life.
Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers. OluKai is currently recruiting for a Women’s Senior Footwear Designer.
RESPONSIBILITIES // include but are not limited to:
Collaborate with the Women’s Product Line Manager, Creative Director, and Men’s Footwear Designer to create innovative designs for OluKai's women’s footwear line from concept to reality.
Collaborate with Women’s PLM to communicate creative strategies, product concepts and consumer insights to internal and external audiences as needed.
Develop seasonal creative strategies and clearly position OluKai Women’s design, quality and performance leadership in order to ensure that creative strategies and products inspire key consumers and lead our business forward.
Actively learn about the four main channels of the OluKai women’s footwear market - Comfort, Outdoor, Boutique
Provide footwear development with all necessary tech package information and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit, performance, and cost/value requirements; and review all samples and clearly communicate changes required.
Learn about the Hawaiian and Polynesian culture in order to share the Aloha and island spirit through our product and brand direction.
Partner with development to research, develop and/or implement new footwear materials and technologies to improve product aesthetics, performance and profitability
Collaborate with the men’s team to create the right amount of product DNA relationship between the two genders.
Present and communicate visual concepts and product direction. Create design boards and/or presentation materials as needed - i.e., sales meetings, pre-line
meetings, internal review meetings, etc.
Maintain knowledge of competitors’ products, consumers’ retail habits and relevant footwear market
Attend key trade shows, account pre-line meetings, and consumer focus groups.
Manage projects with freelance design resources as needed.
Frequent travel to Asia and Mexico to work with our factory partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design.
• 5+ years of experience in footwear design and product development, preferably in women’s footwear.
• Expertise using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, including flat sketch design.
• Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability consistent with brand strategy.
• Knowledge of all aspects of footwear design and product development processes.
• Presentation and organization skills.
• Proven design expertise in given category.
• Commercial sense and market knowledge.
• Team player.
• Strong listening skills and experience assimilating product feedback.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
• Demonstrated proactive thinking and problem solving ability.
• Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
• On-site experience with fabric/garment manufacturers a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Required travel: 30% of time
• Understanding of the Ocean Lifestyle a plus.
TO APPLY //
Please submit your application via the link provided and be sure to let us know industry resource, Malakye hooked you up! Thanks for taking the time to consider a career with OluKai! No headhunters or recruiters, please.
We offer a competitive benefit and compensation package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid vacation, paid holidays, generous product discount, very casual (yet professional) work environm