- United States
- Irvine, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
OluKai is in search of an HR Generalist to join the team in Irvine, CA.
ABOUT OLUKAI //
At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life. Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers.
OluKai is looking for a HR Generalist for its Human Resources Department located in Irvine, CA.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, culture creator and event support, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES // include but are not limited to:
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Assist with the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places job posting advertisements.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintains/monitors company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
• Participate and assist with curating the wonderful culture of our brand including culture events and employee/corporate celebrations.
• Assist with front desk support as needed
• Ethical Practice.
• Global & Cultural Awareness.
• HR Expertise.
• Relationship Management.
Supervisory Responsibility // This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Required Education and Experience //
A bachelor's degree and two to four years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and one year of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience //
1. Masters' degree in human resources or related field desired.
2. Bachelor degree in related field required
3. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential or HRCI certification PHR or SPHR required.
TO APPLY // Apply via the link provided and be sure to let us know that your industry resource is Malakye!