Project Manager - Creative
- United States
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life.
Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers.
OluKai is looking for Project Manager located in Irvine, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure successful traffic of workflow between creative team and marketing department. Manage calendars, budgets and deliverable schedule to ensure projects are executed on time and under budget. Identify, develop and implement process and procedures as required to streamline work.
• Coordinate with Creative Director to manage creative resources (staff) against project workflow. Identify and problem solve any potential bottlenecks in workflow. Manage overall design time allocated for each individual project. Communicate timing, and changes of timing, to project owners.
• Coordinate with creative and marketing staff to ensure individual projects are being executed on time and under budget. Provide assistance, as needed or requested, to drive project to completion. Update weekly project status reports for team briefings.
• Lead final project production including printing processes from scheduling, delivering of files, proofing, and overseeing final quality control (ie press checks) of all production.
• Manage final file delivery for all projects – print and digital. Have an understanding of types of files for either form of creative and all final delivery methods.
• Help with vendor (printers, builders, etc) and material (paper stocks, special production techniques, etc.) sourcing.
• Coordinate administrative needs of department, including sample requests, promo orders, media filing and archiving, supply purchasing or any other general administrative request.
• Bachelor’s degree required - BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or other related discipline a plus.
• This position requires solid experience as a Project Manager. 3-5 years of related professional experience preferably in footwear or apparel with retail experience. A passion for premium consumer branding as well as ocean lifestyle is a must.
• Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget. Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be quantitative minded and possess advanced level of computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Proficient with Adobe Acrobat. General understanding of all other Adobe Creative Suite design applications.
• Prior knowledge and experience with Asana project management software a plus.
• Thorough knowledge and specific experience in general marketing principles, branding, product launch planning and marketing collateral development.
• Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrate a passion for product and brand building.
• Experience with production of design projects including printing (proofing and press-checking) as well as final delivery of digital projects.
• Team players required.