Warehouse & Distribution Manager
- Fortress Group | Kreedom & CrushEyes
- United States
- Lake Forest, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Are you ready for the next stage of your career in warehouse management?
Have you built a foundation for successful achievement of distribution management goals?
Are you a strong leader focused on building people and teamwork?
If you are confident in your ability, and said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
Fortress Group has enjoyed over 14 years of success and growth through our Crush and kreed eyewear brands, and is a company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Warehouse department to the next level. If you are a career minded person that has passion and expertise in distribution, shipping and receiving, forklift operation, freight forwarding and order picking and packing - then, Fortress is the company for you.
Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION //
Manage all warehouse operations with the primary focus around customer order fulfillment of consumer products to: major retail customers, drop ship programs and e-commerce order fulfillment. Provide best in class service to all of the Company's customers and suppliers, while maintaining a clear and scalable logistics strategy to support future growth of the Company.
Responsible for direct personnel management in department as well as reporting to upper management - expected to be 'hands-on' and willing to do the hard work required to be successful; this is not a 'sitting' or delegation only position, you will be expected to play a part as Team Leader thru leadership and participation.
Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing operations of the warehouse, including: freight, returns, receiving, parcels, restock, transfers and facility clean up, managing inventory in conjunction with the purchasing group and meeting all safety and regulatory compliance guidelines for the warehouse, pulling and staging packaged goods orders and ensuring achievement of all performance and service level goals. Lead and develop warehouse team to set up and enable inbound and outbound operations that provide unparalleled customer service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Coordinate and manage the planning and scheduling of warehouse activities including: shipping, receiving, storing, returning, and reworking of our products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Direct the functions and personnel to achieve desired results per the daily operations plan.
• Responsible for SKU consolidation, inventory accuracy through cycle counts and monthly physical counts.
• Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and disciplining subordinates.
Facility management duties:
• Ensure the facility is in full compliance with Federal, State and Local regulatory safety, labor, worker's comp and health requirements
Ensure regular maintenance of facility including insure equipment maintenance is performed.
• Purchasing responsibilities for packing/shipping materials.
• Participate in the annual budget process to assure all expenses are covered and justified.
• Create and communicate daily shipment priorities, project team assignments and pick up timetables
• Ensure daily orders of packaged materials are pulled and staged for delivery
• Ensure cross reference checking of material delivery tags with recommendations to ensure order accuracy
• Notify Product Manager of any QC, damaged or aging inventory
• Communicate to and notify Administration and sales staff of any changes in delivery timing
• Ensure all shipments include proper shipping documents and ensure safety and security of all loads prior to leaving facility
• Modify schedules as necessary to meet customer service goals
• Conduct/assist weekly cycle counts based on daily movement
• Assist with daily/weekly cycle counts by product class– oversee final annual inventory
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES //
• Hiring, coaching and developing staff for efficient productivity and ability to support growth needs of the business
• Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Extremely organized individual with a clear vision on managing daily responsibility
• Excellent communication skills in interacting with our vendors, customer service manager, billing, sales and management.
• Improvement oriented individual intent on continually improving overall warehouse operational effectiveness
• Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
• Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment as required
• Minimum 3-5 years distribution and transportation experience; preferred 5 years or greater
• 3+ years management experience
• Combination of some college and 3-5 years of warehouse management/supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Experience with UPC code & SKU systems management and EDI order replenishment.
• Valid driver’s license with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS //
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and other factors.
• We offer exceptional employee benefits, semi-annual and annual bonus and medical/dental plans.
TO APPLY //
If you feel you meet the requirements highlighted above then we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your updated resume with salary requirements illustrating how your skills and experience match Fortress requirements.
No phone calls, please.
We offer exceptional employee benefits, semi-annual and annual bonus and medical/dental plans.