National Sales Manager, Specialty Retail
- United States
- Santa Barbara, CA
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
Toad&Co, based in Santa Barbara, CA, is seeking a National Sales Manager for its Specialty Retail category.
• Own and operate the Specialty Retailer channel
• Create and execute Specialty Retail Distribution Strategy to grow revenue at the National level
o Increase sales with current customers (Specialty Outdoor)
o Increase/expand distribution with Lifestyle Specialty Retailers (e.g. fashion, footwear, etc.)
• Manage, train, and hold accountable Sales Agencies to execute on national sales strategy and tactics
• Pioneer/support new sales programs and opportunities through combination of entrepreneurial, creative, and strategic skills
• Build network of retailer relationships to create future sales pipeline of ideas and opportunities
• Serve as an ambassador of Toad&Co goals, principles and culture
• Create strategic plan to pursue and achieve Specialty channel sales goals, including at the channel, territory, customer, and sales program levels
• Collaborate and execute “disruptive” Specialty Retail programs such as Multi-Channel and Partner stores to grow Specialty channel revenue
• Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate sales agencies to achieve financial and strategic sales goals
• Open new distribution and expand breadth of the assortments across all categories at Specialty retail
• Define the sales tools and resources needed to achieve targets, including Sales Programs and T&E budget
• Coordinate pre-line meetings and retailer meetings; represent the voice of retailers in product planning sessions
• Maintain and build account relationships with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring account needs and proactively addressing issues; provide support at all trade shows and regional shows.
• Communicate regularly with Merchandising, Production, Marketing & Executive Management teams on sell through & sell in developments and status to ensure maximum planning and ability to react appropriately
• Host and lead GTM Sales Meeting process and execution; provide expert market insights at GTM meeting
• Coordinate with VP of Sales to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are met; report on shortfalls and create plans to make up any gaps
• Use professional selling skills, category analysis, and leverage the organization to create and deliver effective and impactful presentations to introduce and sell existing/new products to all accounts
• Work with Marketing and Design to execute new in-store and product opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Sales, or Marketing or related field, or equivalent
• Minimum of 6-8 years of direct sales experience in the apparel or Sporting Goods Industry – particularly sales management and/or business development
• Strong existing relationships with specialty retailers in Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle industries desired, including knowledge of merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis
• Knowledge of the Specialty retail industry, consumer buying patterns and retail dynamics sufficient to be credible and influential with customers
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various groups both internal and external
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required
• Proven success in working with a dynamic and ever-changing environment
• Entrepreneurial, intelligent, self-directing, and self-confident leader
• Ability to travel and work within varied business hours and weekends, especially during seasonal booking deadlines, key meetings and industry shows
• High level of computer knowledge – Proficiency in Microsoft applications required
• Ability to use independent judgement in performing duties of the position
• Strong people and management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to engage in repetitive motion using wrists, fingers, hands and shoulders. The employee must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs.
During special events the position can be physically demanding.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent work environment!