Junior Technical Designer / Product Developer
- United States
- Santa Barbara, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
The Junior Product Developer is a key part of the Toad&Co Product team and manages the day-to-day deliverables related to development from design hand-off through production. This position will work directly with internal functions: Product, Design, and external vendors to execute to the corporate pipeline calendar. A successful candidate will execute on a process that ensures accuracy and efficiency.
** This role is ideal for someone who has 1-3 years of apparel development experience under his or her belt, and is looking to take the next step in their career with an amazing, sustainably-focused company. **
- Own the fit process of identified set of styles per season. It will require working with internal partners and external vendors to execute to design aesthetic, quality standards and cost parameters.
- Assist with maintenance and communication of accurate proto specification packages, including illustrations and technical sketches, fabric and trims, construction details, patterns, bill of materials, and measurement charts.
- Maintain the seasonal line list with product details given from cross-functional partners. Assist with the workbook process to validate product details.
- Keep sample status tracker updated with correct style number and vendor information.
- Assist with product development tasks, i.e. schedule fit models for fit sessions, maintain fit schedule (both before and during fittings) measure protos, organize product for key presentations, etc.
- Check in all fit samples associated with the product to ensure their movement through the product development process in coordination with the development calendar. Send receipt notifications to vendors.
- Assist with review of QC issues with Production and factories to evaluate and clarify issues and suggest improvements.
- Assist with preparation for seasonal key customer meetings related to product needs.
- Maintain PPS and sample archive.
- Understanding of apparel product process from initial tech pack to top of production approval for knits and wovens.
- Basic knowledge of garment manufacturing processes.
- 1-3 years of experience with knit and woven garments preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems. Experience with PLM system preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and an excellent work environment! We've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine eight times.