About the Role:
TOMS is in business to improve lives. The TOMS Footwear Designer will create innovative, unique footwear styles and color ways that reflect the TOMS aesthetic while bringing innovation and moving the business forward in a trend-relevant manner. An understanding of the current and future Toms consumer is essential. The ideal candidate will work with other designers on seasonal trends, silhouettes, materializations, and color palettes and collaboratewith the Merchandisers and Product Developersin creating the different footwear collections.
What You'll Do:
• Create color CADs - Create & manage prints for all footwear collections across all genders for inline footwear products. Design/Engineer product that remains true to TOMS brand identity. Innovate, design, and CAD creation with target price point and consumer in mind.
• Create Tech Packs create technical specifications for uppers, outsole and trims.
• Research Trends - Maintain knowledge of global product design, fashion market trends, technology, and graphics - particularly in lifestyle markets and brands. Research trends in the marketplace globally and create trend boards in tandem with the entire Design team for the two selling seasons. Present trends with the Design team to the larger organization which includes but is not limited to the CEO, CMO, Merchandising, Product Development, Retail and Wholesale teams.
• Present collections Present designs from sketches to pullovers to the Merchandise and Sales teams. Present to and collaborate with external Licensing Partnerships teams of Merchandisers and Marketing to ensure fulfillment of brand requirements, managing the designs from conception to approval.
• Market Shop Research market relevant brands at retail and Ecomm platforms and share insights with the Design and Merchandise team.
• Prepare for Trade Shows and Sales mtgs Provide the Merchandisers with formatted CADs and market relevant images for the VLPS. Participate in show rehearsals.
What You Bring:
• 3-5 years experience with Adobe suite: Illustrator, Photoshop
• 3-5 years experience in hand sketching skills - footwear specific
• Degree in Industrial/Product/Fashion is preferred
• Portfolio and work samples are required
What We Give:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K with company matching
• A generous PTO policy + 10 paid annual holidays + one floating holiday
• 4 free pairs of shoes per year (yes free!)
• Employee Discount on all of our products plus discounts on partnering businesses
• Wellness classes (exercise, finance, mental health, parenting, nutrition, etc.)
• Opportunities to volunteer with Giving Partners and Community Organizations
• Global and Domestic Giving Trips see first hand how supporting grassroots efforts helps communities thrive!
EEO Statement:TOMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance. Our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive.
• Back Share • • • • •