About the Role:
TOMS is in business to improve lives.The Merchandise Planner, Ecommerce, is responsible for providing financial guidance to the Ecommerce Buying & Merchandising Teams to ensure sales plans are achieved. This position will own forecasting and analysis for core & seasonal buys, inventory management, and the OTB for product categories of responsibility. This individual will analyze style and silhouette selling, make recommendations on in-season business and upcoming seasonal buys to achieve financial goals. This individual will proactively identify and monitor Ecommerce business trends for opportunities to improve sales and margins.
What You'll Do:
• Create and execute seasonal buys that align with company marketing, product initiatives and online campaigns. Utilize seasonal hindsight analysis to partner with buyer on the depth of the category product assortment and buy quantity.
• Maintain a rolling 12 month forecast on core and carryover products, communicating inventory needs/adjustments to the Supply Chain Team monthly.
• Ensure buys are financially tied to the budget for sales, margin, inventory, and receipt plans. Manage and maintain the OTB for area(s) of responsibility analyzing sales, margin & inventory. Communicate seasonal buys along with category business decisions to the Ecommerce Team and cross functional business partners.
• Maintain weekly sales product category reports, sharing with cross-functional business partners detailed sales analysis information highlighting new product launches and/or sales promotions.
• Create and execute promotional sales recaps upon completion of the event, distributing sales results to Ecommerce Teams Buying, Planning and Merchandising.
• Review inventory needs weekly and issue inventory transfers to ensure in stock position for seasonal, carryover and core styles.
• Build stock levels to prepare for promotions and seasonal activity.
• Track receipts to the US and Canada distribution centers. Communicating delivery updates to cross functional business partners.
• Recommend markdown pricing to drive sell thru for in season and out of season sales and promotions on the Ecommerce US and Canada sites while maintaining margin goals.
• Create templates for cross functional use to share within Ecommerce as well as with key stakeholders in Wholesale, Supply Chain and Product teams on a monthly, quarterly and end of season basis. Templates to highlight key business indicators by category - sales (reg. price & markdown), inventory levels, missed sales demand with a focus on specific MIDs where necessary.
• Attend seasonal final line reviews, prepared to speak to business needs. Present financial seasonal buy to the Ecommerce Team prior to submitting to Supply Chain.
• Manage multiple assignments as needed. Maintain a global view of the business.
• Build and develop relationships with cross functional business partners to achieve financial results for area(s) of responsibility and impact to the total company.
What You Bring:
• 3-5 years of experience in planning for a multi-channel retail environment (ecommerce and/or direct-to-consumer experience preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of retail math and full understanding of merchandise planning
• Advanced skills in Excel, Planning/Enterprise Planning systems a plus
• Ability to apply planning logic to maximize opportunity
• Possess strong business acumen and understanding of impact of decisions as they relate to the growth of TOMS overall business strategies
• A self-starter, adept at working in a changing environment
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail; prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, timelines and demands
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal, and ability to work with cross-functional teams
What We Give:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K with company matching
• A generous PTO policy + 10 paid annual holidays + one floating holiday
• 4 free pairs of shoes per year (yes free!)
• Employee Discount on all of our products plus discounts on partnering businesses
• Wellness classes (exercise, finance, mental health, parenting, nutrition, etc.)
• Opportunities to volunteer with Giving Partners and Community Organizations
• Global and Domestic Giving Trips see first-hand how supporting grassroots efforts helps communities thrive!
EEO Statement:TOMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance. Our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive.
• Back Share • • • • •