Order Selector Lead - Distribution Center
- Shimano North America Holding, Inc.
- United States
- South Carolina
- North Charleston, SC
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is a global company offering the world’s sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are seeking an Order Selector Lead to join our North Charleston, SC team!
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA . Our company is an ISO14001 certified business where environmental compliance and continual improvements are part of our business philosophy and operations. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Order Selector leads daily operations within department to ensure accurate and timely picking processes of all orders with maximum efficiency. Provide coaching assistance to the picking team members.
Job Level: Experienced
- Responsible for leading Order Selector team. Ensuring team maintain picking throughput rate; establishing and enforcing procedures to ensure orders are ready to be packed and shipped daily for distribution operations on the west coast.
- Lead all facets of, and implement process controls for narrow aisle picking, flow rack picking and “scan-to-pick”.
- Provide training, counseling, and bi-annual performance review coordination.
- Operational reporting to include mis-picks, productivity, throughput and accuracy.
- Communicate daily with other supervisors, managers, and senior managers to improve service to customers.
- Two to four years of experience in narrow aisle picking.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills a must.
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of performance metrics.
- Perform root cause analysis to improve pick rate and throughput.
- Experience with flow racks, narrow aisle picking, and “scan-to-pick.
- Ability to communicate both professionally and confidently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, do basic mathematic. Understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to create professional memos, letters, e-mails, and reports.
- Must have the ability to think on feet and make solid business decisions.
- Maintain stable performance and poise in high stress situations.
- Must have the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and create solutions to problems.
- Must be able to understand and absorb new information quickly.
- Understand and willing to create change.
- Requires minimal direction.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and WMS systems. Familiarity with AS400 a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Set clear expectations for employees. E nsure staff accountable for performance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Approximately 100% of the time performing job duties is spent indoors in a warehouse with limited heating or air conditioning.
- Approximately 75% of the time is spent on the computer.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The temperature of the work environment can be equal to the outside temperatures of the area.
- Occasionally lift from overhead or below the waist.
- Occasionally bend, twist, push, pull, climb, squat, crawl and kneel.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stand and walk; grasp with hands and fingers; and lift (up to 50 lbs.).
- Continuously sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Continuously use copier, fax, printers, and 10-key calculator.
- Continuously use writing instruments, computer and telephone.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!